Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I set up a promotion so that my registered users go to another group...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I set up a promotion so that my registered users go to another group...

How do I set up a promotion so that my registered users go to another user group that becomes their primary and display usergroup. But then registered users becomes their secondary user group.

Any help?

Because as it is now, I set up a promotion so that the registered users will get promoted to like "elders" and so their primary usergroup would change. However, after I do that they're unable to see the home page (which is currently set up with vbadvanced cms).

So, I'm thinking the best I could hope for is that Registered Users get promoted to Elders as a secondary group, and the secondary group (elders) becomes the viewable one.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by ChrisGuthrie.net; Sun 10 Dec '06, 7:44pm.
    ChrisGuthrie.net - Forums and Blogging

This should work just fine. If the second usergroup they promote to has permission to view the forum they shold see it. If it doesn't work on vba then please contact the support department from vba to get help on their software permissions.

Comment

But I want the secondary group to be the displayed one. So that people know who the elders are.

Because as it is right now, they'll promote to secondary users just fine but I won't see their usergroup displayed.

EDIT: I just discovered that if I have any user be a primary member of a custom group, and not have an additional usergroup of say, registered users, they are all unable to access the home page.

So what's going on? Is there some option I need to change for my custom usergroups so they can access the home page?
      Last edited by ChrisGuthrie.net; Mon 11 Dec '06, 7:28am.

Comment

Currently, the only way I've been able to set it up to work somewhat like I want it to is this:

Promotion to elders after a certain number of posts and date. After the user is promoted, after 25 more minutes, another promotion is issued to elders to put them in the registered usergroup as their additional usergroup. This lets them access the rest of the site.

But I'd rather do it with one promotion. Any ideas?

Comment

Bump. Any better ideas on how to issue the promotion?

I'd prefer to avoid the 25 minute gap where people that are newly promoted to the Elder usergroup are unable to access the home page. Before the task runs again and they're then added back to the registered usergroup as an additional user.

Comment

Promotions can be for primary and secondary usergroups. Doesn't matter

Comment

You can modify the promotions (scheduler) cron to run faster, once per 15 minutes instead of 25 or 45.

Comment

Originally posted by Floris View Post
                Promotions can be for primary and secondary usergroups. Doesn't matter
                Well, yah that only thing that bothers me is that if I just do a primary to primary usergroup promotion, the user will no longer be able to see the home page when they become an "elder."

I might try posting my problem at vbadvanced.com as I am using their cms on my site. Unless there is something that is related to vBulletin that can fix it. So is there?

Comment

vbadvanced will not read the seconday user group. This is not an issue with vbulletin. You will need to give the elder group all the same permissions in vbadvanced the same as registered users.

You can make the elder group the secondary and that will effect the forums but not the main page.
                  Last edited by SSSlippy; Thu 28 Dec '06, 12:25pm.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X