Question Upgrade from 3.5 to 3.6.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question Upgrade from 3.5 to 3.6.4

Hi, I'm currently have 3.5X but planning to upgrade to 3.6X. Is there going to be any problem if I use 3rd party skin template? How about many plugin and module I have intalled is that going to be effect?

http://www.khmerclub.com
    Angkor

Upgrading will always overwrite any hacks or changes you made to the vB files. However upgrading will not overwrite any add-ons through Plugins, although it is possible that those plugins may need to be upgraded for the new version.

Also upgrading will not overwrite custom templates. Nonetheless you should seriously consider reverting any updated templates to get the full advantage of all bug fixes and improvements. You can redo your changes after reverting.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

So if I DONT revert to the regular vB code before I modded for my custom template...i wont get a FULL upgrade?
      Last edited by vice86; Mon 11th Dec '06, 6:29am.

Comment

Sorry I don't understand what you mean.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
          Sorry I don't understand what you mean.
          I'm running 3.5.4 right now..my only "hack" is the hide hack from Vision Scripts which has the plug in...and then I installed a vBulletin Style (which can also be called template? that confuses me)..i forget from which template site...I'm wanting to upgrade to 3.6.4 now but afraid I'll mess something up.

I guess its just a matter of redoing all the code mods for the custom style and hide hack?

Just didn't know what YOU mean by saying "Nonetheless you should seriously consider reverting any updated templates to get the full advantage of all bug fixes and improvements."

Comment

I meant you should seriously consider reverting any custom templates after upgrading.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X