Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

... give myself permission to run queries?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ... give myself permission to run queries?

How do I give myself permission to run queries? I saw this thread below as part of a post in the 3.6 forum. Can someone explain in detail where I change my permission on 3.5.4? I cannot run them currently. Where do I go in the ACP, where is config.php located, etc?

Thanks,
    Mark

To run queries you first need to give yourself permission to run queries in the Admin CP. To do this, edit this section of config.php:

// ****** USERS WITH QUERY RUNNING PERMISSIONS ******
    // The users specified here will be allowed to run queries from the control panel.
    // See the above entries for more information on the format.
    // Please note that the ability to run queries is quite powerful. You may wish
    // to remove all user IDs from this list for security reasons.
    $canrunqueries = 'x';

...with x being your userid number.
    Last edited by mhuckaby; Sat 9th Dec '06, 2:40pm.

Automatic queries

Found config.php and made the change... Where do I find out what exactly what each of the automated queries will do? For example if I run All Users - Daily Email Notification, does it subscribe everyone to every forum and a daily digest or does it only change notification to a daily digest for the forums all users are already subscribed to?

Thanks,
    Mark

Comment

I think you have got MySQL queries mixed up with Scheduled Tasks (CRON jobs).

By editing the config.php and changing the $canrunqueries variable to your userid, you are allowing yourself to run MySQL queries directly from within the vBulletin ACP, which is normally default to off for security purposes. All MySQL queries you run manually, by entering the query you wish to perform on your database.

Daily Email Notifications would come under Scheduled Tasks, which are run by the $cron variable found in the footer template, and have nothing to do with running MySQL queries.

Comment

You can run a query manually or there is a predefined list of automatic queries you can run. That's what I was trying to ind definitions for. Go to Maintenance and then MySQL queries and you'll see the drop down.

Thanks,
        Mark

Comment

Originally posted by mhuckaby View Post
          Found config.php and made the change... Where do I find out what exactly what each of the automated queries will do? For example if I run All Users - Daily Email Notification, does it subscribe everyone to every forum and a daily digest or does it only change notification to a daily digest for the forums all users are already subscribed to?

Thanks,
          Mark
          If you run All Users - Daily Email Notification, it will update the user table for each user with the value needed to send them daily email notifiications to the threads in which they are already subscribed. It does not subscribe them to any new thread / forums.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X