Hi Helpers

Objective:
    - I'm planning to upgrade from 3.5.4 to 3.6.4
    - I want to test the upgrade in my local pc before doing it on my live site

Procedure:
    - I already have 3.5.4 fresh installed on my local PC
    - I made a DB's backup from my live site and apply it on my local pc

Problem:
    - I can't login neither to forum/admincp altough the hash password for the admin in local.forum_user table is matching the one in live.forum_user table

Solutions I tried:
    - I tried all the tools @ tools.php

Help Please

What happens when you try to login? Normally I would suggest resetting your cookie settings using tools.php, but you have already done that.

I don't have any experience with localhost web sites. I don't know if there are any special considerations for cookies or what. You might try posting in the Server Configuration forum.

Comment

I don't know if there are any special considerations for cookies or what
      My local web site was working without any problem,

but after restoring live db to local; I couldn't login anymore!

I think there's something need to be configured in one the tables!

Please, help guys

Comment

Come on guys .. I thought its an easy answer !!!

Comment

As Jake said, what happens when you try to log in?
          Best Regards
          Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin F View Post
            As Jake said, what happens when you try to log in?
            You have entered an invalid username or password. Please press the back button, enter the correct details and try again.

Comment

Here are the instructions on how to restore an admin account for when you have lost the password, got hacked, or you can't receive the lost password email.

Browse to your forum and log out if you are't already. Register as a new user and login as this user.

In the vBulletin's .zip file you can find a directory called 'do_not_upload/'. Inside this directory is a file called 'tools.php'. Upload this file into your forum's admincp/ directory.

Then go to the admincp/tools.php with your browser.

At the bottom of the tools page is an option to 'Reset Admin Access'. Run it with the just newly registered username.

You have just made yourself admin. And you need this because you should now login to the admincp/ and find the user who's password you've lost. Search for this user and when found you will see the whole profile. Including a password field.

Set a new password.

Go to the main forum and log out as the new user, and try to login with the old admin account. This should work now. If it does not work contact vBulletin Support again.

When it works, go back into the admin control panel and find the newly registered user. The profile page will have a dropdown in the top, from there select delete and delete the temporary admin.

Then delete the tools.php file. It is a potential security risk if you leave it on-line.
              Best Regards
              Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

Here are the instructions on how to restore an admin account for when you have lost the password, got hacked, or you can't receive the lost password email
                Although none of them is matching my case "because I know the password and I matched the hashed password in my local db with the one in my live db" but I'll try it

Comment

When comparing hashes, keep in mind vB3's hashing scheme:

md5(md5(pass) . salt)

Comment