Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PLEASE HELP! Banning Spammers by partial email...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PLEASE HELP! Banning Spammers by partial email...

Most of the recent spammers have "@web.de" at the end of the address and I'm trying to figure out how to just preemptively ban anyone with that extension and prevent them from registering and posting.

They keep registering with different email addresses and spamming so I'd like to prevent ANYONE with @web.de in their email from signing in, registering or posting.

How do I ban and prevent ANYONE with "@web.de" from registering or posting?

I read the notes on how to do it but it didn't work. Do I just put "@web.de" in the email banning field and click "aggressive email banning?" BUT, if I do the aggressive email banning and have someone with say a Hotmail account in that field already I don't want to ban them or any other hotmail users who try to sign in.

Please help, these spammers from @web.de emails are getting really bad, I get 3 or 4 EVERY DAY!! Please tell me how to ban ANYONE with an email that ends with @web.de.

Thanks!

THanks!!!
    Last edited by deadhook; Sun 3rd Dec '06, 8:47am.

You go into your banning options and put @web.de in there.

Comment

I don't need to click "aggressive banning" or anything?

Just put in "@web.de" in the User Banning by Email box?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by deadhook View Post
        I don't need to click "aggressive banning" or anything?
        Set it to No

Originally posted by deadhook View Post
        Just put in "@web.de" in the User Banning by Email box?

Thanks
        You don't need to put the "@" symbol. The system knows you are refering to email addresses so you only have to put in the domain.
        Techzonez - Tech News
        Techzonez Forums - Tech Community

Comment

Originally posted by Reverend View Post
          You don't need to put the "@" symbol. The system knows you are refering to email addresses so you only have to put in the domain.
          I banned mail.com which had the unpleasant result of not allowing new registrations from gmail.com. That was a little embarrassing so, in this case having @mail.com fixed the issue.

Just something to look out for.
          Lats...

Comment

Originally posted by Lats View Post
            Just something to look out for.
            Good point Lats.
            Techzonez - Tech News
            Techzonez Forums - Tech Community

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X