User Custom Titles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User Custom Titles

I allow my users to use custom user titles and I have also set titles for those that don't want to use custom ones.

Problem is that I have users using the term banned for titles. So what I did was go

into the admin CP
    then VBulletin Options
    then User Profile Options

And under censored words for user title I have the following:

admin forum vbulletin leader banned "Banned" "moderator"

However, it's not changing the word banned. And on Moderator the users go with: m oderator thus the addition of moderator in "" however that's not working either.

Could this be a CHMOD problem?

No, that doesn't have anything to do with chmod.

To update existing usertitles, run this function:
    AdminCP -> Maintenance -> Update Counters -> Update User Titles and Ranks
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

I tried that and it didn't change anything.

Comment

Are only users with existing usertitles affected, or can users still use those words in user titles?
        Best Regards
        Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

I got another forum spamming mine and they are using the names XXXX, but when I do a username search it can't find that name. Another one is XXXX13, but again when doing this search I can't find the username in the admin. How are they doing this? On the XXXX I finally found it but the registered username wasn't XXXX it was something completely different.

Comment

In Censored words for user title I put XXXX and XXX but its still showing up in their usernames.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin F View Post
              Are only users with existing usertitles affected, or can users still use those words in user titles?
              Anyone can do it and see it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X