X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time got crazy

Hi,

We are using vB 3.5.4

Suddenly our time went crazy. It showing wrong time. I checked Date and time options, everything is well.

I checked server time, everything is well.

It's urgent as forum is putting now threds and posts in totaly mess and unorder.

Pls help

vBulletin fetches the time from the server, if something is messed up, it's almost always due to issues with the server time.
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

Hi,

I checked server time first. It seems correct. We have installed also CMS and in it time is correct (also use server time).

Comment

Check your servers timezone setting.
        Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
        Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

Holy crap this happened to us this morning too! We're also running 3.5.4.

I first checked my time zone setting, then the server time using the 'date' command (it our dedicated machine) and everything is fine.

Check out the time of posts on this thread.

I should add that this was accompanied by a user reporting:
          Hi Rob.

How are you?

There seems to be a little glitch this morning.

When I go to do a search or when I click on New Posts I get this message..

This forum requires that you wait 5 seconds between searches. Please try again in 40845 seconds.
          and when I tryed to send you a PM it said

This forum requires that you wait 60 seconds between sending private messages. Please try again in 21354 seconds.
          That is a mighty long time between searches :lol:

Just wanted to give you a heads up on that. There are no other problems with boards otherwise as far as I can see..

Comment

If you are using cPanel, see: http://forums.cpanel.net/showthread.php?t=59902
            Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
            Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

Originally posted by Marco van Herwaarden View Post

Wow. Looks like cPanel really screwed up big with this one.

Comment

Originally posted by nogerorob View Post
                Holy crap this happened to us this morning too! We're also running 3.5.4.

I first checked my time zone setting, then the server time using the 'date' command (it our dedicated machine) and everything is fine.

Check out the time of posts on this thread.

I should add that this was accompanied by a user reporting:

I have exact same problems!! im on 3.5.4 i am talking to my host regarding this time issue i'll see what they say.

ive had it also say "This forum requires that you wait 5 seconds between searches. Please try again in 40845 seconds."

Also another huge problem, one of my members posted and her post is not showing? It is showing on the thread view that she is the last poster but when i go inside the topic there is no sign of her post? Also my members have posted today and it is showing the 4th of november in one of my last members post... and we are on the 3rd of november.....

Help! or is my forum malfunctioning big time? we all cant be on the same host... or are we?

What host are u guys on with this problem?

Comment

Originally posted by Marco van Herwaarden View Post
                  i cannot see the thread. What did it say can somebody breifly tell me? i think they have removed that thread.

Comment

It seems you have to join the cpanel forum as a member, as thread isn't readable as a guest.

Comment

Ya, I'd copy-paste it but there are so many posts it is probably easier for you to just register. The gist of it is that cpanel reported a bad system time and it screwed up a bunch of people's machines. No one from cPanel has come forward to explain or apologize.

One solution that has been presented is that cpanel check their server time against time.nist.gov or some other reliable place before sending out updates.

I'm pretty unhappy with cpanel, and only use it because there is nothing better. Their lack of updates for apache2 is mind numbing. I can't believe a better company can't come in and fill this space.

Comment

We are still having problems here, at least one user is still posting ahead of time and it's causing her to have PM problems as well. CPanel hasn't posted a way to fix it yet in that thread.

Comment

Originally posted by swepics View Post
                          We are still having problems here, at least one user is still posting ahead of time and it's causing her to have PM problems as well. CPanel hasn't posted a way to fix it yet in that thread.
                          ok this is what another user posted on cPanel forums to fix this issue.

Originally posted by Pyrix
                          cPanel really need to look into this - it screwed up the site on our server so we had to turn it off and is a pointless waste of my time when i have to good hour or two running queries to try and get all the posts in our vBulletin forum and gallery back to where they should be!

For those with vB forums or Photopost galleries that were affected - if you can find the ids of the last and first posts affected you can run the following queries:

vB Posts:
                          UPDATE post SET dateline = dateline - 43200 WHERE postid <= ID OF LAST AFFECTED POST and postid >= ID OF FIRST AFFECTED POST

Then you'll need to update your thread and forum counters in the vBulletin Admin CP

Photopost Photos:
                          UPDATE photos SET date = date - 43200 WHERE id <= ID OF LAST AFFECTED POST and id >= ID OF FIRST AFFECTED POST

Photopost Comments:
                          UPDATE comments SET date = date - 43200 WHERE id <= ID OF LAST AFFECTED POST and id >= ID OF FIRST AFFECTED POST

I post these with no guarantee that they won't blow your server up, ruin your forum, steal your girlfriend, kill your fish etc! I recommend you do a backup and do a SELECT first to make sure you're affecting the right entries the database!

EG: SELECT * FROM post WHERE postid <= ID OF LAST AFFECTED POST and postid >= ID OF FIRST AFFECTED POST

Having said that, hope this helps someone!

Edit: You can check the times of the timestamps in the database by using this convertor; http://www.onlineconversion.com/unix_time.htm

I dont know how to use it or where to input that string of command maybe a vb support staff member can help?

Comment

happened to one of my servers too
                            http://www.physicsforums.com

Comment

Can somebody from staff respond please.

We are still have this issue.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X