Board Clock Changed Time to 12hrs ahead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Board Clock Changed Time to 12hrs ahead

I have just logged on, and noticed that the board clock is showing 19.30hrs instead of 07.30hrs. (vB 3.5.3)

Everything was fine when I logged off yesterday, and nobody else has access to the cp. I have just checked the time settings, nothing appears to have changed.

It seems to have happened between two posts, one at the 'proper' time of 01.19hrs then the next post indicates 13.53hrs, which I assume should say 01.53hrs.

Any ideas why this appears to have happened on its own whilst I was asleep!? Thanks.
    Last edited by Helen; Thu 2 Nov '06, 10:44pm. Reason: more info

It sounds more like the server time was set 12 hours ahead.
    Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
    Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

Thanks for the quick response Marco. I just checked with the server guys, and you are correct. They are aware and are currently synching the clocks.

Comment

I had the same problem ( and I don't know why )

Now I set the correct server time but I still have a lot of posts with the incorrect time and also search interval is not correct becouse instead of 30 seconds it says to wait for about 39000 seconds

In addition I have thread with post random order and not in the correct post order

I don't know what to do.....I have to restore an old backup to solve?

Thank you,

matteo

Comment

Take a look at this thread,
          http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=204331, scroll down to post 16.
          ...steven
          www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
          bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
          "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

Comment

thank you very much

Comment

Another cPanel messup it seems. See: http://forums.cpanel.net/showthread.php?t=59902
              Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
              Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

Yup, happened to us as well - but only on one server.

Shame vBulletin can't detect sudden changes in time and turn itself off or something!
                GoXplore! | The Big Design Company | Athena Protects

Comment

The real irksome thing for me, is that the who's online is still showing people who were online this morning (GMT) because the time showing against them is still in the future, i.e. 20.30hrs tonight! But when I go to each user in the admin cp, their individual 'last activity' time shows up correctly.

Comment

Follow the instructions in this post - should fix that...

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
                    This is the same issue. People access your foruims when the time was off.. You can try emptying the session table with this query but this will stop ALL user sessions:

TRUNCATE session;
                    GoXplore! | The Big Design Company | Athena Protects

Comment

Thanks Pyrix, much appreciated.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X