Welcome email to new users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome email to new users

Concerning the welcome email (not the confirmation email) sent out to newly registered users...

How can I edit that email?
    Maybe I'm blind this morning, but I can't seem to find it in my 3.5.4 admincp

Thanks.
    Chris
    I'm currently using 3.6.4.

All language is in Phrases. Do a 'Search in Phrases' for the specific language you are looking for, then edit the appropriate Phrase.

Admin CP -> Languages & Phrases -> Search in Phrases

Note: To edit a phrase, place the new phrase in the available language text boxes.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Steve, I know you mean well and you're always great help, but I'm not understanding how to do this.

I just want to get in and see the current welcome email (after opt in) and edit it.

In the welcome email, I'd like to encourage new users to first visit my Newbies forum.

Comment

The email, along with all the other language, is in phrases. To edit it, you must locate and edit the appropriate phrase.

Do a phrase search for some of the language in this email:

Admin CP -> Languages & Phrases -> Search in Phrases

Then once you've located the appropriate phrase, you can change it by adding your own language in any available language boxes.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

It's not incredibly clear, but I have managed to edit my welcome email.

Thanks.
          Chris
          Last edited by Evil Chris; Tue 24th Oct '06, 11:04am.

Comment

That's because there is no 'welcome to' in that email. The text of that email is:

Dear $username, Thanks for registering at $vboptions[bbtitle]! We are glad you have chosen to be a part of our community and we hope you enjoy your stay. All the best, $vboptions[bbtitle]
            And if you search for 'Thanks for registering' you will find the appropriate phrase: welcomemail

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X