X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Originally posted by intex View Post
    I'm aware of the phrase manager, but I still don't see where you can edit an existing phrase. If I select edit next to a phrase, I'm then just presented with its current values. I can't change anything.
    As per my previous message:
    Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
    To edit a phrase, place the new phrase in the available language text boxes.

Leave a comment:

• intex
    replied
    I'm aware of the phrase manager, but I still don't see where you can edit an existing phrase. If I select edit next to a phrase, I'm then just presented with its current values. I can't change anything.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Admin CP -> Languages & Phrases -> Phrase Manager

To edit a phrase, place the new phrase in the available language text boxes.

Note: You should never edit the database directly for this.

Leave a comment:

• intex
    replied
    Hi Steve

I'm just referring to phrases specifically. If a phrase has been used in a template, I go to phrase manager and I can see it listed there - no problems. However I can't modifiy the phrase (I don't believe you can do this directly anyway?).

So, I then head off to phyadmin and make changes to the phrase table itself. The changes are accepted.

However, then when I go to the forum, the phrase changes I made aren't being picked up in the text. If I check in phrase manager, they've been changed to reflect the changes I'd made in the DB, but they're showing the old text values in the posts etc.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Can you be more specific? In my experience chwanges do show up if you do them right and are looking at the correct style.

Leave a comment:

• intex
    started a topic Template & DB Caching

Template & DB Caching

I've recently modified some data in tables in the vB database and the changes I've made (textual changes), don't appear.

I've shutdown and restarted the Apache server as well as the mysql database, but the changes still don't appear even though they're clearly in the database.

I'm assuming therefore that there's some vB caching somewhere. Where can I refresh this cache or where else should I be looking?