Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrong time after server move

Hi,

I moved my installation of vbulletin from a shared host to my own server.
    Now all posts do not show the correct time.

Hoe can I fix this?

vBulletin uses the server time. Make sure the time and timezone are set correct on the server.
    Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
    Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

Would you be so kind to tell me what exact time and time zone the server needs to run so that vbulletin gets the times right, please?
      Last edited by flashgordon; Sat 23rd Dec '06, 1:56am.

Comment

That is up to you, as long as it is the correct current time for the timezone you set.
        Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
        Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

I still don't get it.
          All I know of is that I can set the default time zone for the user profiles.
          Is this the setting you are referring to?

Comment

vBulletin gets its time from the server. You need to set the timezone and DST settings in the Admin CP to match the timezone of the server your forums are running on. Then each user needs to set their local timezones/DST in the User CP. If you do this correctly and the server time is correct, then the correct times will show.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Please tell me where exactly I need to set this in vbulletin 3.5.7.
              Under options>Date and Time Options there only is a setting for "Default Time Offset". are you referring to this option?

Comment

Yes.
                Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Working...
                X