Setting "Show Signature" checkbox to unchecked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting "Show Signature" checkbox to unchecked

I'd like the "Show Signature" checkbox unchecked by default, but still there so people can check it to show their signature if they like (particularly on replies...)
    How do I do this? I couldn't seem to find it anywhere :lol:

Check here...
    http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=164379

1st entry.
    Lats...

Comment

Thanks
      THis totally turns off the signature display though, right? I want them to still have the option to post with their signature and others see the signatures -- just have the box unchecked by default instead of checked?

Comment

bump...

Comment

You need to edit the newthread, newreply, and showpost templates and remove this code from the signature checkbox field:

checked="checked"
          vBulletin v3.8.0's Implementation of Google Adsense Should Be Avoided At All Costs - Do Your Own Adsense Implementation

Comment

Thanks!!
            So, in here???

<if condition="$bbuserinfo['signature'] != ''"><div><label for="cb_signature"><input type="checkbox" name="signature" value="1" id="cb_signature" tabindex="1" $checked[signature] />$vbphrase[show_your_signature]</label></div></if>
            <if condition="$show['parseurl']"><div><label for="cb_parseurl"><input type="checkbox" name="parseurl" value="1" id="cb_parseurl" tabindex="1" $checked[parseurl] />$vbphrase[automatically_parse_links_in_text]</label></div></if>

make the $checked = $unchecked ??

Comment

No, just completely remove:

$checked[signature]
              vBulletin v3.8.0's Implementation of Google Adsense Should Be Avoided At All Costs - Do Your Own Adsense Implementation

Comment

Glad I found this! What is the template to disable it for quickreply?

Comment

I would also like to know how to disable this in QuickReply as I looked through all template areas and did not see an obvious place to do so.

Comment

No one? Woah, this has to be the longest I have waited for a reply here.

Comment

I believe that requires modifying the code. Try vbulletin.org.
                      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

In your showthread template find
                        Code:
                        <div style="float:$stylevar[right]"><label for="cb_signature"><input type="checkbox" name="signature" value="1" id="cb_signature" tabindex="5" checked="checked" />$vbphrase[show_your_signature]</label></div>
                        and remove the checked="checked" from here

Comment

Kerry-Anne that worked like a charm! Thank you very much for the great help.

Comment

Not a problem at all

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X