Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gtghm
    replied
    Yep fixed it, It turns out that I needed information that only my hosting company would know, as usual, in the config.php.

Anyhow, thanks for the help. VB was successfully installed and were ready to start the process of making VB look like we want it to.

Cheers,
    "g"

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    I honestly don't see how you can get that error if persistant connections is turned off.

Leave a comment:

• gtghm
    replied
    Currently the config.php file is set to 0 or off, so what might be another possibility?

Thanks,
    "g"

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    mysql_pconnect means persisstant connection, otherwise it would be mysql_connect.

Leave a comment:

• gtghm
    replied
    Thanks, but for my learning how did you know that?

"g"

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    You enabled persistant connections but your host has disabled them.

Leave a comment:

• gtghm
    started a topic Installation help

Installation help

I am getting the following message

Error description: mysql_pconnect() has been disabled for security reasons d:\hosting\nwbadmin\forums\upload\includes\class_core.php on line 280

The database has failed to connect because you do not have permission to connect to the server. Please confirm the values entered in the 'includes/config.php' file.

The hosting site is godaddy.com. I can't figure out what information I need to put into the config.php, can someone please help me?

Thanks,
    "g"
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X