Homepage????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homepage????

Most of forums I go to, they have a homepage that looks just like the index page, with threads,reply buttons etc,,, where can I find something similar to my index:

Here are 2 forums:
    For example: www.i-club.com and www.nasioc.com

Thanks...

This doesn't come as standard with vB, however you can get something that does exactly that from several places.

http://www.vbadvanced.com

is one of the easiest to install and among the most popular.
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.4 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Thanks, for the reply...

Comment

We were wondering the same thing, Thanks Mark !!!!

I will check into the Vbadvance. Is there any additional cost and has anyone done this "homepage" addition yet? If so how difficult is it?

Thanks again for you your help.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
          This doesn't come as standard with vB, however you can get something that does exactly that from several places.

http://www.vbadvanced.com

is one of the easiest to install and among the most popular.
          What would you call this, a "homepage" and search for homepage plug-in's?

Thanks

Comment

To be honest, if you're new to it all, vBadvanced will be all you need to get started.

In its default form it will give you everything you need.

It is modular in nature, so you can add and remove different modules as you see fit via the normal vBulletin admin cp.

The whole thing is easy to install, they have their own support forum, and it takes on the look and feel of vB so it matches your forum.

You can have a look at mine for an idea of what can be done, though mine is by no means adventurous:

http://www.bowlandcentral.com
            MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.4 Demo
            AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Well we are new at this indeed. Thanks for the help and thanks for the link to your site, looks cool I might add.

I am a little confused however. I already have VB running 3.5.4, Are you saying I need to purchase and run vbavance ??
              Sorry for the seemingly silly question.

Our site looks like this www.chevythunder.net and we would like to add a "homepage" similar to the first two links in the first post of this thread.
              www.i-club.com and www.nasioc.com

How would this be accomplished (installed) from the vbadvanced? Please be gentle....LOL

Comment

I have downloaded the program
                sure I could have them install it for me
                but then I will have learned nothing

can anyone tell me where to find the directions to do the installation for the frontpage from vBa
                everyone seems to think it is an easy install
                so I would like to give it a try

Comment

The installation instructions are included in the zip file aren't they?

Comment

hmmmmm
                    never thought of looking there
                    thanks

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X