No announcement yet.

Serious problem with potential hacker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serious problem with potential hacker?

Okay my forum gets very little posting but over the past 2 months, I keep getting new user notifications and it is clear that one guy is signing up under different emails. I can only assume it's the same person because he uses the same birthdate for every registration. He rarely posts and when he has it's been spam. I've deleted each one and banned him by his user name.

The odd thing is that he is constantly signing up but rarely posting and then today I noticed that even after I've received a "new user" notification, he is not listed as a member. I check in my control panel and it shows as "user awaiting email confirmation".
    I assumed if I get the new user notice, he would be registered.

Can anyone offer any insight? Is there a way to ban someone other than email address? He is using a different ip each time.
    Last edited by socalguy; Fri 15 Sep '06, 5:05pm.

Nobody has any comment??

Comment

It's not March 28th, 1983 is it by chance?
      Visit us at Christianboards.org
      Please do not contact me at my site for vBulletin issues. I am not the only one reading the Contact Us mail.

Comment

Originally posted by christianb View Post
        It's not March 28th, 1983 is it by chance?
        It is. And there's another as well in Jan 1980 but yes 3/28/83 is 90% of them.
        Suggestions?

Comment

See this thread:
          http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=201504
          Visit us at Christianboards.org
          Please do not contact me at my site for vBulletin issues. I am not the only one reading the Contact Us mail.

Comment

Well I can't bellieve that of all the vbulletin forums out there, you and I are the only two people who have this situation. As of now I don't know what I'm going to do. I do know this: Most of the email addresses are russian in origin. What that matters I don't know. For now I'm just monitoring things and keeping up on any postings.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X