Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Do I Resize "Smilie List" Popup?

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knows how to resize the "Smilie List" popup window that shows more smilies. If so, where do I go to make the change.

I am using several programs, like vbadvanced CMPS, Photopost Pro, Links and would like to the resized popup to work in all of them. Is that possible? to be able to make one sizing change and for the smilie popup to be that size in all programs?

Thank You,

Nuguru

Try these:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Message Posting Interface Options -> Smiliebox Smilies Per Row
    Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Message Posting Interface Options -> Smiliebox Total Smilies
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Wow, fastest response ever...

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
      Try these:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Message Posting Interface Options -> Smiliebox Smilies Per Row
      Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Message Posting Interface Options -> Smiliebox Total Smilies
      Wow, that was the fastest response ever. Thank You!

I am aware of your suggestion and have been down that road, but the problem is I have added more smilies which now gives me 2 columns and the description of the second column smilies is cut off. ie' it shows but the :c o o l: is cut off. I spaced the cool so you know what I am talking about. Basically the smilies code to the right gets cut off in the second column, not the actual smilie pic in the second column.

The popup is just not wide enough. I need to set the dimensions of the popup. Probably have to hardcode. Any suggestions?

Again, I need it to work for all programs, so I don't know if I have to go into individual templates for each program or is there just a central location?

Thank You,

Nuguru

Comment

I can't help you with the other programs - only with vB. This should work fine with the standard templates. Try this. Create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Then change to this style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

??? What are you talking about?

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
          I can't help you with the other programs - only with vB. This should work fine with the standard templates. Try this. Create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Then change to this style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?
          Hello,

I'm sorry, I am not understanding where you are going with this. You might be missing my whole point here.

I am using the default template therefore it is using all default templates. I simply want to change the size of the popup smilies box. Simple. Make it wider and/or possitble taller when it pops up.

No need to start adding problems to a simple request by adding templates, then deleting them and checking forums. ????

Any other suggestions?

Thank You,

Nuguru

Comment

No other suggestions since what I've suggested already works with vB.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Maybe this will help...

I don't know if you found an answer yet but if not, I believe this should do the trick:

In the Editor Templates / editor_clientscript template change these numbers to what you want.

var smiliewindow_x = 240;
              var smiliewindow_y = 280;

Comment

Toby, nice surprise!

Originally posted by toby06 View Post
                I don't know if you found an answer yet but if not, I believe this should do the trick:

In the Editor Templates / editor_clientscript template change these numbers to what you want.

var smiliewindow_x = 240;
                var smiliewindow_y = 280;
                Wow,

Somebody actually knows what I am talking about, I thought I was pretty clear. Thank you very much toby. Made the change as per your instruction, works and looks exactly like I needed.

Hey, ever considered taking support emails from clients at vbulletin? May be in the cards for you. Keep up the good work!

Thanks Again,

Nuguru

Comment

Your welcome! But I must give credit where it's due. This fix was discovered by Miss Tiina over at vbulletin.org. I ran across it while searching for a solution to another issue.

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...t=smilie+popup

Comment

Change the name "Generic Smilies"

Originally posted by toby06 View Post
                    Your welcome! But I must give credit where it's due. This fix was discovered by Miss Tiina over at vbulletin.org. I ran across it while searching for a solution to another issue.

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...t=smilie+popup

Hello,

Futher on this point, once the Smilie Pop-Up Box pops up, how do you change the default "Generic Smilies" name at the top to something else?

Thanks Again,

Nuguru

Comment

All language is in Phrases. Do a 'Search in Phrases' for the specific language you are looking for, then edit the appropriate Phrase.

Admin CP -> Languages & Phrases -> Search in Phrases

Note: To edit a phrase, place the new phrase in the available language text boxes.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X