Turning off Post Counters; setting to zero

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turning off Post Counters; setting to zero

Very shortly after we got 3.5.3 this year, we shut off the individual post counters, because our teenagers get competitive with it and put up meaningless posts to increase their post count. Somehow, with no one changing anything to my knowledge, they are running again. I can't find now how to turn it off and, if possible, reset everyone to zero. Please help. Thank you.

There is no built-in option to not show these. You will need to manually remove these from the postbit and memberinfo templates.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks ... but man, I could have sworn that shortly after we got this version (DyeStat.com is our site), it was running briefly (matter of hours) and then we turned it off.

Well, can you tell me how I can manually remove these from the postbit and memberinfo templates? Thanks

Comment

I should add that the feature does actually appear on the members' posts, but it shows "0" for most people, or "1" or "2" or something if they got in a few before we turned it off (or so I recall) ... but the feature does appear, but the person's number never changes.

Comment

Sounds like you may have turned off the post count in each forum.

ACP -> Forums & Moderators -> Forum Manager -> Edit Forum -> Count Posts Made in this Forum Towards User Post Counts -> No

...and someone has turned it back on
          Lats...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X