Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How in the world can I be having this? Massive server load only one logged in.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How in the world can I be having this? Massive server load only one logged in.

Server Load Averages 112.20 174.09 108.32 | 1 Users Online (1 members and 0 guests)

What could possibly be going on?

www.the-regulators.us/forum

With only one user online, I doubt your forum is causing that load. Are there any other scripts on your site that could be causing this? Is it a shared or dedicated server?

You can try toggling the more intensive features of vBulletin, but I doubt that will help in this case. Those features include database read marking, users viewing this forum / thread, currently active users, searching, mail queue, queued view counter updates, plugins, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Bunce View Post
      With only one user online, I doubt your forum is causing that load. Are there any other scripts on your site that could be causing this? Is it a shared or dedicated server?

You can try toggling the more intensive features of vBulletin, but I doubt that will help in this case. Those features include database read marking, users viewing this forum / thread, currently active users, searching, mail queue, queued view counter updates, plugins, etc.
      Yes, I realized it couldn't possibly be my vBulletin causing that load, and that the software is merely reading and reporting on server load at the time. Also, I had made no changes at all to my installation and it has always worked smoothly.

Current numbers are a little more sane and rational, Server Load Averages 5.59 6.83 8.40 | 2 Users Online (2 members and 0 guests)

I contacted my host, and they told me it was a DoS attack on them. I appreciate your time in replying.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X