Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $ for upgrade again and again?

hi again,
    as a customer I don't appreciate that you charge so much for simple upgrade services. since the frequency of upgrades is in your hands you force customers who are not computer savvy to pay a significant amount everytime you release an upgrade. this does not seem right at all. in addition, I bought vb and installed 3.5 just some days ago and no one on your end advised me that it was perhaps better to immediately set up 3.6 so I avoid paying double for same thing in matter of days. I might be missing something here but I definitely feel bad about this whole thing. thanks
    ian

If you've had an install or upgrade within the last 30 days we will provide the upgrade service again for free. When exactly did you get your forum upgraded to 3.5? We had been advising customers for about a week prior to the release that the final was comming around the corner and you may wish to wait.

Comment

hi

I was in daily contact with your (presale) team and no one ever advised me to wait and educated me about the arrival of 3.6.
      I did not upgrade. I just recently bought vb and had it configured/uploaded but not by paying you guys to do it. Having to pay again within days for setting up this forum boggles my mind.

Comment

Sorry I did not make myself more clear, we have been advising customers who had ordered the install/upgrade service from ourselfs. Upgrading is fairly simple if you do not wish to pay for it yourself.

It consists of uploading the new files, and running install/upgrade.php basicly. You may wish to run a database backup as well to ensure no data is lost. If you have a brand new forum with not a lot going on its not very hard. Most customers choose a paid upgrade for their larger forums.

Comment

Zachary, why was I not advised when I bought VB on the 31st July 06 that 3.6 was coming out in 4 days time. I think it's a bit hard to have to pay for another license when your pre sales could have told me to hold off for four days.
          Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Chipper View Post
            Zachary, why was I not advised when I bought VB on the 31st July 06 that 3.6 was coming out in 4 days time. I think it's a bit hard to have to pay for another license when your pre sales could have told me to hold off for four days.
            Cheers
            You are not required to buy another licens,e you right this moment can login to your members area and downlaod vBulletin 3.6.0.

When you bought your license you could have downloaded 3.6.0 RC3.

Having a license grants you access to all trees that your license has had access to.

If you bought vB a few days ago you should have access to
            Beta/RC versions are not avaible after the the line goes stable.

Comment

Zachery, sorry went to wrong section to start with (Upgrade) Doh, thanks for the help. Cheers

Comment