Error trying to upgrade to 3.6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error trying to upgrade to 3.6

I tried to upgrade to the newest stable verion of vb. After the upload of the new files, I attempted to run the upgrade script. The script told me that 3.0 required a later version of PHP then I had installed. My version will be upgraded later this month so I re-uploaded the 3.54 version files. All "looks" well except when I try to view a thread I get the following error:
    Code:
    Database error in vBulletin 3.5.4:

Invalid SQL:

SELECT
    post.*, post.username AS postusername, post.ipaddress AS ip, IF(post.visible = 2, 1, 0) AS isdeleted,
    user.*, userfield.*, usertextfield.*,
    icon.title as icontitle, icon.iconpath,
    avatar.avatarpath, NOT ISNULL(customavatar.userid) AS hascustomavatar, customavatar.dateline AS avatardateline,customavatar.width AS avwidth,customavatar.height AS avheight,

deletionlog.userid AS del_userid, deletionlog.username AS del_username, deletionlog.reason AS del_reason,
    editlog.userid AS edit_userid, editlog.username AS edit_username, editlog.dateline AS edit_dateline,
    editlog.reason AS edit_reason,
    post_parsed.pagetext_html, post_parsed.hasimages,
    IF(displaygroupid=0, user.usergroupid, displaygroupid) AS displaygroupid

FROM vb_post AS post
    LEFT JOIN vb_user AS user ON(user.userid = post.userid)
    LEFT JOIN vb_userfield AS userfield ON(userfield.userid = user.userid)
    LEFT JOIN vb_usertextfield AS usertextfield ON(usertextfield.userid = user.userid)
    LEFT JOIN vb_icon AS icon ON(icon.iconid = post.iconid)
    LEFT JOIN vb_avatar AS avatar ON(avatar.avatarid = user.avatarid) LEFT JOIN vb_customavatar AS customavatar ON(customavatar.userid = user.userid)
    LEFT JOIN vb_deletionlog AS deletionlog ON(post.postid = deletionlog.primaryid AND type = 'post')
    LEFT JOIN vb_editlog AS editlog ON(editlog.postid = post.postid)
    LEFT JOIN vb_post_parsed AS post_parsed ON(post_parsed.postid = post.postid AND post_parsed.styleid_code = -1 AND post_parsed.styleid_html = -1 AND post_parsed.styleid_php = -1 AND post_parsed.styleid_quote = -1)

WHERE post.postid IN (0,33344,33349,33375)
    ORDER BY post.dateline;

MySQL Error : Table 'swiftdev_com_-_forum.vb_post_parsed' doesn't exist
    Error Number : 1146
    Date : Thursday, August 3rd 2006 @ 01:58:12 PM
    Script : [url]http://www.swiftdev.com/vb/showthread.php?t=3100[/url]
    Referrer : [url]http://www.swiftdev.com/vb/archive/index.php/t-3100.html[/url]
    IP Address : 69.47.92.39
    Username : blowndeadline
    Classname : vb_database
    I do have a database backup of the 3.54 version. What next?

And you were running 3.5.4 before?

I recommend to restore the database backup you made prior to the test upgrade of vBulletin 3.6

Comment

I had this same problem when upgrading from 3.5.4 to 3.5.5. I found that previously a table was named vb_postparsed, but for some reason during the upgrade vbulletin started trying to use the table vb_post_parsed which obviously didn't exist. I renamed the table vb_postparsed to vb_post_parsed and the problem was corrected. This may not be the same for you however, as you are upgrading to vBulletin 3.6.x

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X