Aren't able to change birthday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aren't able to change birthday

Why aren't my members able to change their birthday?

What setting can that be?
    http://www.nucia.nl/forum/
    The best way to kill malware; is to kill it together.

Aah.. I guess I found it..

Require Date of Birth
    When this option is enabled, users will be required to enter a valid date of birth when registering. Any users without a birthday will be required to enter one when modifying their profile. A valid birth year is from 1901 to the current year. Once a date of birth has been entered, the user will not be allowed to change it.

Comment

Why should someone be allowed to change their birthday?

Comment

The option to allow it, or not would be handy.

Take an migration for instance. In fact, my recent Migration from Nuke. I had a birthday MOD installed and user entered thier DOB. But the import didn't read this correctly.

Rather than allow the users to change their DOB I had to manually change 390 users..

I agree not something thats used a great deal, but another option that would be welcomed via AdminCP.

Sly

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
          I can understand why you wouldn't allow it. But sometimes people make mistakes.

If we're talking about a few members (as like on my boards) it isn't a big deal. If you have a situation like Slyfox describes I can imagine it would be nice to let the users change it themself.

Comment

I have a board with 60,000+ members and some have requested the ability to change their birthday. We don't have the resources to do this manually and would like to enable them to manage this setting.

It seems like this maybe has been addressed in a vB 3.6??? On this board we can change our birthday and this post also talk about it being possible:
            http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=194923

So is this something that has been changed recently and will be available once we upgrade?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
              After an import from SMF almost users had this birthday : 01-01-1901

Comment

I am facing the same problem...

Imported from SMF, had to alter the reputation value for a bunch of users, had to enter a valid birthdate to be able to change reputation and save the user. Of course I made up a random birthdate, not knowing that a user is not allowed to change that himself.

So now I'm stuck with quite a few invalid birthdates, and users don't bother to send an administrator mail to let me change it.

So, given this scenario, Why on earth is a user not allowed to change his / her date of birth???? Besides, one can make mistakes too. This is really frustrating. Can't I make the field user-editable somehow?
                Wat You See Is What I Could Have Meant
                D-DIG.NL -
                Hèt trefpunt voor alles over digitale fotografie op internet... En meer!

Comment

Please post your own thread in the relevant forum for your vBulletin version. Thanks.
                  Kerry-Anne :)

Twitter Blog

www.peterska2.com www.worldnewszone.com www.popularusenetgroups.com www.superclickers.co.uk www.forumsforchrist.com www.browsergameplanet.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X