Caching Issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caching Issue?

For some reason, our forum has been experiencing a strange issue where it seems to fail to update itself when either logging in, posting, replying to PMs, etc, until the user refreshes the page. I'm not sure what could be causing this problem.

Any ideas?

Edit:
    Now I can't even log out. It says all cookies were cleared, but when I go back to the forum index, I'm still logged in.

Edit#2:
    I posted in the wrong forum. I'm running 3.5.4. :/
    Last edited by america2; Thu 3 Aug '06, 8:21am.

If you clear your cookies and still show logged in that means a cookie is still stored.

You can go to the vbulletin options in the admincp and turn on no-cache - to force reread the whole page upon load.

Comment

I tried this and the issue persists.

Comment

Moved to correct forum.

Comment

Remove any hacks and disable your plugins, then see if you still have this problem.
          Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

Reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server.

Next, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it.

Do you have the same problem?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X