Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Incentive to Post in a Low Traffic Forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incentive to Post in a Low Traffic Forum?

We currently have around 70 forums that see great traffic on a regular basis, but there is one in particular that I'd like to get people posting in. It's a forum where all of our daily news gets posted, and I'd like to come up with some sort of incentive for people to post comments on each news item. Some forum users stop by to post comments on occasion, but not nearly as many as I'd like.

Does anyone have any recommendations on what I could offer to get more interest in this forum? I've looked through the vBulletin admin panel, but nothing seems to stand out. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

The normal incentives include group promotions, markups, reputation, ranks, etc. These things are not forum-specific. I can't think of any good ways to provide such incentive.

Comment

Thank for the quick answer, Jake. I suppose I could just make an announcement on all of our other forums that points to the news forum, but I doubt that will make much of a difference. I was hoping there was a way to keep track of how many posts a member had made there (specifically) and then implement some sort of a bonus based on the number.

I don't suppose there are any user-made mods out there that would do something like this, is there?

Comment

You can try www.vbulletin.org, though I am not familiar with any specific mods to do that.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X