Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

someone registered without completing required fields.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• someone registered without completing required fields.

I don't know how this can happen, but I have several required fields that new users must fill in during registration and someone just registered without filling any of them in. They were also able to create a signature, even though I have turned off signatures for everyone except paying members. I approve all new members, so this person hasn't received final approval, but I would like to know how they were able to register and create a signature!

I'm using 3.5.4.

Thanks,

Andrew

We will need server apache logs to make sure what they did wasn't an exploit.

Did you try to log out and browse as a guest and register and leave fields empty that are required and pgrade to the usergroup, test signature etc ?

Comment

I don't know of any way for users to get around those permissions unless the accounts are created manually in the Admin CP. Are you sure your group permissions are correct?

Comment

I get notification emails everytime a new user registers and this is the second time in a month that someone has registered without filling in the five required profile fields. I was just looking at the emails again and both times they included a birthdate of April 4, 1974, but the birthday field is not even on my registration form.

Both times the email address they registered with used the domain spambob.net.

I don't understand how they are doing this or where they are finding the birthday field. This current member is currently in the (COPPA) Users Awaiting Moderation usergroup and the option "Can Use Signatures" is set to no.

I just tried to register leaving the required fields blank and here's the message I received which is right.
        The following errors occurred during your registration:
        • A required field called First Name is missing or has an invalid value. Please use your browser's back button to return to your profile and complete all required fields.
        • A required field called Last Name is missing or has an invalid value. Please use your browser's back button to return to your profile and complete all required fields.
        • A required field called Location is missing or has an invalid value. Please use your browser's back button to return to your profile and complete all required fields.
        • A required field called Biography is missing or has an invalid value. Please use your browser's back button to return to your profile and complete all required fields.
        • A required field called Professional Status is missing or has an invalid value. Please use your browser's back button to return to your profile and complete all required fields.

Comment

Originally posted by arossphoto View Post
          This current member is currently in the (COPPA) Users Awaiting Moderation usergroup and the option "Can Use Signatures" is set to no.
          I just realized something else is weird here, because they are in the "(COPPA) Users Awaiting Moderation" group, but in my "User Registration Options" I have set "Use COPPA Registration System" to "Disable COPPA Registration System".

Comment

The COPPA groups doubles as the moderation group for when you have moderation enabled:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> User Registration Options -> Moderate New Members

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Bunce View Post
              The COPPA groups doubles as the moderation group for when you have moderation enabled:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> User Registration Options -> Moderate New Members
              Okay, but how are these people registering with a birth date and none of the other required fields? Is there anyway to access a separate registration form?

Comment

There is only one registration form, unless you added another one somehow.

If you aren't able to reproduce the problem then there isn't much we can do. I can only recommend the usual steps:

1) upload the original files
                2) diable plugins
                3) use the default style

Comment

I have had the same problem recently:
                  Two unconfirmed users:
                  Username: Zogi
                  DOB: April 4, 1974
                  Email: [email protected]

Username: Pomone
                  DOB: April 4, 1974
                  Email: [email protected]

Both have the EXACT same IP address also.
                  Check out my latest Dive Videos.
                  Spend your surface interval at www.zendiving.com

Comment

blog that email address and the ip.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X