No announcement yet.

how do i set it so that only people from a certain email provider can register

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do i set it so that only people from a certain email provider can register

i would like to make it so that only people from a certain email provider can register for my forum and i do not know how to do so. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry, to my knowledge this is not possible. You can only exclude.

Comment

I want to set it up so where only people with college email accounts can join (@college.edu) so what would i have to do?

Comment

That is not possible, you can only exclude. If you wish to do what you want you need to modify the source code.

Comment

do you have any further instructions on modifying the source code to do this?

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeForumz View Post
            do you have any further instructions on modifying the source code to do this?
            You'd need to try here:

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum

From memory, it's a fairly simple modification to reverse the exclude list and make it an include list instead.
            MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.4 Demo
            AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

hello

sorry to interrupt this discussion like this.... would CollegeForumz please let me know which college is he setting up a forum for/show link to it?. I am doing the same and perhaps we could work together on some issues we will face. Thanks
              Ian

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X