Banning Guests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banning Guests

IHow do you ban guests I know where to do it I just want to know how to prvent banning others that I would like to keep. Does putting the IP in Parenthesis do this? I can't seem to figure out how. Thank in advance for the help.
    Last edited by GamBun; Mon 24th Jul '06, 5:36am.

Do you want to 'ban' all guests or only specific ones?

To ban a single guest, you will have to find their IP and then ban the IP-number. This will ofcourse only work good if this guest is on a fixed IP.

To stop all guests, you can set Can View Forum to No for the Unregistered/Guests usergroup.
    Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
    Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

No, i have just one particular guest who has been trying to log into my admin control panel over the last week. I am not sure if it is a bot trying to access it digitally...lol I don't want to wait to find out. I have added thier IP address but they still seem to be around.
      Last edited by GamBun; Mon 24th Jul '06, 5:44am.

Comment

Add that IP address to the Banned IPs list in your vBulletin Options.
        Best Regards
        Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

I have done so but they are still there. I wrote it this way (IP address) Did I maybe write it wrong ...do I need the parathesis?

Comment

As another suggestion have you looked in your webhosting control panel and check for a complete site deny IP? this would block them from even using precious bandwidth

Comment

You only need to enter the IP address on a new line.
              Best Regards
              Colin Frei

Comment

@ Tigurius~ I did not think about that one. I will look into it, that may be the answer. That's a great suggestion!

Comment

Originally posted by Colin F View Post
                  You only need to enter the IP address on a new line.
                  It's my only banned IP right now... does that mean the parenthesis must go? Sorry confused by your answer.
                  Last edited by GamBun; Mon 24th Jul '06, 6:03am.

Comment

You don't need any parenthesis'.
                    Best Regards
                    Colin Frei

Comment

Thanks. I tryed it that way too, but they are still hanging around. I have now banned at my host site too.

Comment

To ban a specific user ADMIN CP - USERS - BAN USER

There you can ban the user by username for the duration of your choosing - finito.

Of course depending on your settings they can register again under a new username.

P

Comment

Originally posted by propper View Post

There you can ban the user by username for the duration of your choosing - finito.

Of course depending on your settings they can register again under a new username.

P
                          The problem is... it's a guest, not a member. It actually says "guest" ...and then the all too familiar IP address. It's a huge concern to me that they are logged in 7 times right now at the moment and only focused on my control panel. they have alos logged in with a second IP address that I now have added as well... but they are still there.
                          Last edited by GamBun; Mon 24th Jul '06, 6:40am.

Comment

Do you have any toolbars installed, like the ones that check the pr of a page?

Comment

Originally posted by propper View Post

P
                              That will not work for guests, since they don't have a username.
                              Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
                              Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X