header alignment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• header alignment?

I have my header image aligned to the left, but there is still background above the header and to the left of it. How can I get it so the top of the image is at the top of the page and all the way to the left side?

Sorry I've been posting so much, I'm just trying to get used to vB.

Check in ACP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> select Main CSS -> Body

From memory the default is margin: 10px 10px 10px 10px - try adjusting those values
    Lats...

Comment

That works, but then the entire board is stretched out completely from left to right. Is there anyway to adjust it so the header stays like that but the board tables are smaller?

Comment

What's the URL?
        Lats...

Comment

http://whedon-boards.com/forum/index.php?styleid=5

Comment

Unless my eyes are deceiving me, the image looks like it's in the top left area, right to the edge in both firefox & ie.
            Lats...

Comment

Yeah, that works but I'm talking about the forum and the what's going on. I want to shrink it a little so it's not at the edge of the page on each side.

Comment

I believe that when you changed the "body" stylevar, you changed most of the tables. Doing a search for the "body" in templates gets a very long list of templates, except header.

Here's the code from the default for the header:

<table border="0" width="$stylevar[outertablewidth]" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" align="center">

as you can see, it uses the "[outertablewidth]" to determine the width of the header.

Check for the existence of ":&nbsp" codes in you header description which might be throwing the alignment off.

I believe you need to work with the header logo variables and not the "body".

Regards,
                Slappy

Comment

Thats what I would have thought originally.. but what do I put in the header template to get it to align the way I want it to?

Comment

Usually, as on this Forum and on the vBulletin.org Forums and on most Forums, the Logo aligns with the background and is slightly wider than the width of the other items. But these things are personal style choices and it depends on what YOU want for YOUR Forum. Look at the logo and background here and then tell us what YOU want.

One thing you should be aware of is that if you can find a Forum layout you like on another Forum, you can usually right click on the page and go to "view source" and get information about the code they used to make that layout.

So be more specific about how you want everything to align and someone here can probably help you do it that way. Do you want the Logo wider than, or the same width as the Forums themselves?

Regards,
                    Slappy

Comment

I like the default width of the forums in v3.5.4, and the logo image is 700x200.. I just would like the logo image to be all the way to the left of the page and at the top of the page while the forums themself stay the same size.

Comment

It appears that you have changed the default width settings for the navbar, forums, and footer in your S3 Buffy and Angle Style to make them wider than the default.

Compare those settings with those in your vbulletin2 default Style. Both appear to have the same Logo (although the vbulletin 2 has only one image, which the vB 3 has two) and black backgrounds, yet you've made the main Forum elements wider in the Whedon Forums vBulletin 3 Style. Put the width settings in the Whedon Forums vBulletin 3 style back to the default widths as shown in your vbulletin2 default Style and then you only have the logo width to contend with.

Go to your vbulletin2 default Style in the Style Manager and select StyleVar and write down the "default width settings, they are the first 7 settings. Then go to your Whedon Forums vBulletin 3 Style in the Style Manager and again select StyleVar and check that these width settings are the same as those in your vbulletin2 default Style. There is a checkbox in the uper right hand corner to revert these things, but I don't know what else you may have changed in this style.

Try that, and see what you get.

Once you get that right, you can work on adjusting the size of the logo container, instead of all the other display items.

Regards,
                        Slappy

Comment

All right, I went back and changed the body margins and fixed that. But now I'm right back where I started with background to the left and above the image. This is the code I have for my header..

<!-- header image -->
                          <a name="top"></a>
                          <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%">
                          <tr>
                          <td>
                          <table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" align="left" align="top" width="700" height="200">
                          <tr>
                          <a href="index.php?"><td style="background-image: url(images/misc/baheader.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top left;" alt="Whedon Boards"></a>
                          </tr>
                          </table></td>
                          </tr>
                          </table>
                          <!-- / header image -->

Any ideas?

Comment

Anyone? :/

Comment

Working...
                            X