A small problem and a question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A small problem and a question

Hey guys,I tryed to get assistance for this at vB.org without any luck so i thought i would try here.Well first thing i am using vB3.5.4 on our forums and i notice a small persistant problem in firefox which is rather anoyying.This problem doesnt occur at all in Internet Explorer.At first i thought it was an error in our custom skin but then i noticed it not only happens in the custom skin,but also the default skin and even on vB.org and other VB forums as well.The screen shot below shows this problem where the table border does not stretch around the entire editor and it's buttons.I have been looking for a way to fix this without any luck.

http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/2995/problem0zi.jpg

For my question it's more of a modification i'd like to make.I would like to move the User CP menu from the left side of the screen and make it into a nav bar at the top with drop down menu's.I made a small image example of what i'd like to do but i have no idea where to begin.

http://img504.imageshack.us/my.php?i...titled16mt.jpg

Once i have the menu up top i would like to make it where the other area's of the User CP stretch to take up the leftover space where the original CP menu was.Any help would be appreciated and thanks for your time.

Regarding your first problem, I have never seen that on the default style. You might need to adjust your form and message area widths:

Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> StyleVars (in the menu)

Regarding the popup menus, you would need to remove the column by editing this template:

Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> « » -> User Control Panel Templates -> USERCP_SHELL

See the last post in this thread for popup menu instructions:

Comment

Thanks for the info,i now have the user cp menu done.Now if only someone could enlighten me on the problem.It seems that it is fixed in vB 3.6.0 Candidate 1 but still there in the older 3.5.4.I would simply upgrade but im waiting on the gold release not to mention the mods we use to become avalible for 3.6.

Comment

Yep, I thought that problem was related to my style so I didn't worry about it (I'm still not! ) but on the default style of my board it's the same.

Comment

It's nothing really major it just looks horrible because on our custom skin if someone using a lower screen resolution views the page the two buttons and smiley box overlap the tables over onto the image on the right side of the design.Hope someone finds a fix for this annoyance.I notice the problem didn't begin until i upgraded to Firefox 1.5 from 1.0 so i assume it has something to do with a change made to FF.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X