Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starting again with VB 3.5

hi,
    i currently have a forum that i am running an old version of VB on (http://www.sussexcarz.com/forum/upload/)

however this forum is hacked to bits and i want to start again with a clean version.

my plan is to just setup a new forum and database and then get it looking how i want.

then i want to close my current forum, do a backup and then add the user lists and posts/threads (and any other main bits) to my new forum database.

i presume this is possible?

Yes it is possible as long as you know what your doing.

I'm not sure what the tables you would need to import are but I do know that the users are vb_user

Good luck!

Comment

You should be able to simply do a clean install on a new directory of 3.5, and then use Impex to import the database from the old forums, so you'd maintain all user and post data.

Comment

thanks guys, will look into that then

Comment

I don't recommend importing known tables.

If you really wish to start clean I recommend to do a fresh install and test with impex if you can import the data.

Comment

Last Saturday I started a thread similar to this. You can see at http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...94#post1162394

Can you take a look at it and close my thread if it’s better located here?

In my case I need to move to a new server with the same configuration. And I want to do this, reinstalling as less things as possible, or reinstalling, but preserving all my changes taken from my backup.

thanks
            [Blog: Viaje a mis recuerdos]

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X