postindex not showing in vb table list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• postindex not showing in vb table list

Im exporting the db to move to a new host and seem to have been having compatibility errors.

Also, vb db is stored in a db name with many other softwares - over 500 tables total. So a mysqldump is too unwieldy and importing finds too many syntax errors in other softwares.

I tried a phpmyadmin backup of just the vb tables but there was either syntax or compatibility error upon import (php and ssh) or both.

Finally I backed up all vb tables from within vb and ssh into the new site and that worked (whew...all day trying).

Anyway, in vb, the list of tables does not show "postindex" table, thought the thread list ing all of the tables lists it. When I go into phpmyadmin, it shows up there too. So after the successful import, I then backuped the postindex table and imported that into the new webhost's server and all seems ok.

My question is, is this all ok now? How can I know if all is in working order before closing down the old webhost? Can you maybe check the tables in the new db to make sure they are all ok? (the new db is dedicated only for vb).

Thanks.

VB: ver 3.5.4
    old mysql server 3.23.54
    new mysql server 4.1
    ~ consciousness changes everything ~

I would thoroughly test out the new forums before doing anything - posts, attachments, email, PMs, Admin CP options, etc.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

well this is the dilemma. the current working vb is at one webhost at our url. to test the new site means I have to redirect the site to the new host - so I would lose all ability to get back to the original site if something needs to be gotten.

there must be a way to test and ensure things are ok, or a better way to backup and restore all the files at once...? what can you suggest? thanks

Comment

I don't understand what you mean or why you need to do a redirect.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

as we are moving web hosts, we need to change the dns servers. As far as I know, i can only test the site once the dns server is changed - yet - then I wont have access to the original web host site to recover any files...

so I need a way to test the newly set up site while I still have access to the original.

unless you have another way for me to backup the original vb and import it cleanly all at once...?

thanks

Comment

You can access the site via the IP address.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

great, thanks!

Comment

Steve,
                I changed the config.php to reflect the new username and password, and db name but when I try to log in using the ip address it does not recognize the new name/pswd. Am I missing something?

thanks
                Last edited by sst; Fri 7th Jul '06, 4:09pm.

Comment

What new name and password? The DB info in config.php is different than the info needed to log into your forums.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

the config.php has the original webhost mysql db name, user name and password - these were all changed for the new webhost site. So I changed that info.

But to just see the forum home page, there shouldnt be any need to log in, or change any other information should there?

Another way to ask this question is simply, why am I being asked to log in just to see the forum home page?

Comment

You are being asked to do this because you are not logged in.

Try this. Upload the tools.php script in the 'do_not_upload' folder of the vB zip file to your Admin CP directory and run it from your browser. Use this to reset the cookie domain and path back to the defaults. And then leave your cookie domain and path at the default settings. There is no reason to change these. If you need to specify a unique cookie, use the cookie prefix setting in config.php instead.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I put the tools.php into the admincp folder and went to that url, but I still get the name/pswd window popup and it still doesnt accept any known combinations.

Im also confused why I need to be logged in to see the home page of forums - is it because im using an ip address?

Comment

Then unfortunately it would appear that the backup and restore of your database was not done correctly. Do you still have access to the original DB. If so you will need to make a new backup.

Note: The only consistently reliable method of backing up and restoring a database is with shell access via telnet or ssh. Please see the instructions here:

Backup:
                          http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/m...nce_ssh_backup

Restore:
                          http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/m...ce_ssh_restore

This is because backing up with a PHP script like that in the Admin CP or phpMyAdmin can result in PHP timeout errors and an incomplete backup file.

If you don't have telnet or SSH access, some people have reported success with these scripts:

MySQLDumper:
                          http://www.mysqldumper.de/en/index.php

MySQLHotxcopy:
                          http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...t=mysqlhotcopy

Bigdump:
                          http://www.ozerov.de/bigdump.php

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X