Paid Subscriptions not updating my site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paid Subscriptions not updating my site

So 'User X' does the paid subscription thing on my site, goes through paypal, etc. I get the email from Paypal saying it completed, so far so good. However, when I go into the Subscription Manager under the ACP, it doesn't increment the counter; likewise, that person is not added to the usergroup I have set up. The Paypal tests both (curl and streams) come back as passed, and I can even see the Paypal gateway accessing the payment_gateway.php file in my access logs, meaning that it's successfully getting to the page, but the page isn't updating the database.

I could really use some pointers here, as I'm ready to roll out this paid thing for people to upgrade their access, but not having it update automatically isn't so good. I am on VB 3.5.4, PHP 5.1.4, MySQL 4.1.20, Apache 2.2.2. Not sure what else you might want to know.

Also, I have tried this with both recurring and non recurring payments, the end result is that the Paypal button is different (it recognizes the subscription on the recurring one, despite it being for 1 year, greater than the 100-day max explained in the docs) but it still never successfully updates the site.

Here is the relevant line showing paypal accessing my server out of the httpd access log:
    216.113.188.202 - - [28/Jun/2006:22:39:56 -0600] "POST /forums/payment_gateway.php?method=paypal HTTP/1.0" 200 - "-" "-"

Comment

Can't help you sadly, but I'm experiencing exactly the same, (can't check the httpd log though), but everything shows up as confirmed and fine, but it's not being processed. Just as sidenote, I'm experiencing it with vB 3.6 Beta 3 (but had the same problem before the upgrade)

Comment

Curious, do you have any mods or changes installed on your base VB install? I have a few, but nothing extensive. I'm wondering if there is a correlation here.

Comment

Using several plugins but just what you said as well; nothing extensive, I'll make a little list:
          Code:
          Advanced Plugin Manager - Reloaded
          EMail Address Obfuscator
          Exclude Usergroups from Char Limit
          Extended Signature Limits
          HELLCATs Realtime Page Compressor
          HITCounter
          Inactive User Management
          IpInfo
          Members who have read a thread.
          Moderation Auto-PM
          Moderator Stats
          nCode Image Resizer
          Prevent Doubleposts
          psiStats 2006
          Separate Sticky and Normal Threads
          Spam Decimator
          Toplist
          v3 Arcade
          vBadvanced CMPS
          vBSEO :: Conditional Signatures
          vBSEO :: Sitemap Generator
          Welcome Headers
          Quite some, but none of them should have any effect on the manager, I suppose.

Comment

You have a lot more than I do, but none of the same ones. I'm going through and disabling the 4 or so I have in there now, and will see what happens.

Comment

we are experiencing the same problem

Comment

Got a little update though; when I asked my host to recompile Apache again with curl support it started to work fabulously, no doubt a good idea to test out ofr you guys - if you're not on shared hosting, that is.

Comment

I am currently having this exact same issue, paypal shows up in the logs and all - but the users are not getting upgraded to the subscribed user group nor is the API showing that it went through. I am on a shared hosting platform and am running a copy of VB with no mods whatsoever.

Please let me know if anyone has any advice to get this thing working!

Comment

Same trouble here, on a clean copy of vBulletin. I've been analyzing the database to see how it goes, I'm trying to get started writing a hack for something involving the paid subscriptions. When clicking "Order" from the first page, it adds a row into paymentinfo... after clicking "Order with Paypal" and successfully receiving the payment, it doesn't add a row into paymenttransaction, nor does it update anything on the row in paymentinfo. I would assume it would update the row in paymentinfo to completed=1, but no such thing occurs. My Paypal passes both cURL and Streams tests. :-/ I've got NO idea what's going on, it's not cool. It failed the same way both on a test copy running on Apache on my computer and another test copy uploaded to my web server.

Comment

Did you check your phpinfo for the cURL module? On my host the tests also passed while it wasn't even available - I guess it's bugged or so.

Comment

I fixed my issue, I had moved the URL of my forums but forgot to tell that to paypal, and the callback script was 404'ing. Everything is good now.

Comment

I thought the IPN url wasn't neccessary anymore?

Comment

I am having this same problem.

my log entry looks like this though:
                            216.113.188.202 - - [30/Oct/2006:16:24:02 -0500] "POST /discussions/payment_gateway.php?method=paypal HTTP/1.0" 406 278 "-" "-"

Are there any other resolutions?
                            Last edited by zennifer; Tue 31 Oct '06, 5:08am.

Comment

Originally posted by zennifer View Post
                              I am having this same problem.

my log entry looks like this though:
                              216.113.188.202 - - [30/Oct/2006:16:24:02 -0500] "POST /discussions/payment_gateway.php?method=paypal HTTP/1.0" 406 278 "-" "-"

Are there any other resolutions?
                              Zennifer, see the end of this bug report. http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/bugs3...iew&bugid=1029

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X