Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to refresh immediately bbcode_xxxxx templates ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cclaerhout
    replied
    There's always possibility to make things work for the other 80% , even with IE 6 I will let admins the choice. They will choose what they think the best for their forum. Thank for the tip.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    You set the post cacheing options to 0 day. This would be a bad idea in general.

Whats the point of making things work only for 20% of the internet?

Leave a comment:

• cclaerhout
    replied
    Well i really want to keep the transparency function (you'll see why once released ), but i can make an option for admin to choose between png and gif extensions.

Just to know, how do you disable the post_parsed ? I'll make tests and will look what is the best option.

Thanks for your answers !

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    They'd have to disable the post_parsed all together. I'd suggest using non alpha transparent png's if you are going to, or just use .gif's.

Leave a comment:

• cclaerhout
    replied
    In fact i'm doing a module to release on vbulletin.org

Admin could change easily the look of the bbcode_code, bbcode_html, bbcode_php and bbcode_quote. Four looks will be available. They could be set per styleID. Pictures are in png format, but when it detects IE broswer it will use gif format. Everything is working fine but when a IE user uses one of the bbcode described above, the gif extension is registered into the cache. And other browers users won't see png pictures but gif for a short time.

Is there a way to turn off the post_parsed option or better to make it avoid to keep bbcode tags in memory ? The second option would be great, especially if it can be integrated in a product file

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    You have to empty the post_parsed table and let it rebuild.

DELETE FROM post_parsed;

In phpmyadmin or the admincp query runner.

Leave a comment:

• cclaerhout
    started a topic How to refresh immediately bbcode_xxxxx templates ?

How to refresh immediately bbcode_xxxxx templates ?

I'm using pictures in bbcode_xxxx templates (bbcode_code, bbcode_html,etc.) and when i change the link to the pictures, it doesn't refresh immediately in the postbit. I've to wait OR i have to full edit the message and then save it again.

Is there a way to refresh it immediately ?

P.S : Does this time gap comes from the cache of vBulletin ?