Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I make my signature viewable in all posts, easily?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I make my signature viewable in all posts, easily?

I have several forums where I did not have a signature set. I thought that when I updated my signature it would display on every message that I posted on the site previously, but that is not the case. It appears that by default vB does not activate the display signature option (unchecked, but hidden) if the account has an empty signature. That's not a bad thing, but has caused a bit of an unexpected issue for me.

So, for me to get my signature to display in all messages that I have posted I will need to edit every single message and check the 'display signature' check box or do this via sql query. Is there another way to do this?

I don't know how I would do it via query. Can anyone post the query I would use to set the 'display signature' option in every message posted by a specific account?

Thanks in advance,

John
    ...john2k...

No, adding a sig does not make it appear retroactively. You can run this query:

UPDATE post SET showsignature='1' WHERE userid='x';

...with 'x' being your userid number.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

then can you tell me in which page i need to modify???

Comment

There is no 'page'. What exactly do you want to do? Maybe I misunderstood.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by jalika View Post
          then can you tell me in which page i need to modify???
          You need to run that QUERY in your mysql console or something like in PHPMyADMIN. That Query updates the database and automatically puts the tick mark in the posts for you .

Edit: Follow this guide to do this

-> Login to admincp
          -> Go to Maintenance -> Execute SQL Query
          ->
          From Automatic Query Menu Select On Display Signatures
          Last edited by roosevelt; Sat 24 Jun '06, 2:48pm.
          Out to Change the world!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X