How to only let them have sig after 50 posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to only let them have sig after 50 posts

I want to setup my forum so signatures are allowed but only after so many posts.. could you tell me where i can set this please for all new users and existing ones

Use the promotion system for this. Set the permissions for the Registered Usergroup NOT to be able to use signatures, create a new group based on the Registered group with the additional permissions you want to give them (such as enabling signatures), and create a promotion scheme based on post count to advance them to the new group when they hit 50 posts.
    The Admin Zone - Resources for Forum Administrators
    Articles - Forum Review
    Interviews:
    KierScottJerryAndreasSteveWayneJakeFlorisLogicianErwin
    Paul M

Comment

And here is our online manual with usergroup promotion information to help you out: http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/usergroup_promotions

Comment

will that mess with my ability to have my own siganture?

Comment

I kind of get what you mean but i need step by step guide to this the userguide makes no sense at all.

I need.. go into admin.. click here.. turn off this so noone can leave signatures.. next go into here.. do this.. and do that..

this is best for me.. if you dont mind

Comment

Look.. i went under USERGROUP MANAGER and set the registered users to have NO SIGNATURE..

i just dont understand what you mean by

" create a new group based on the Registered group with the additional permissions you want to give them (such as enabling signatures), and create a promotion scheme based on post count to advance them to the new group when they hit 50 posts"

where do i do this???

Comment

Via the AdminCP > Usergroups > Add New Usergroup.

BTW - I just noticed that this is the wrong forum for this thread. Support questions shouldn't be posted here.
              The Admin Zone - Resources for Forum Administrators
              Articles - Forum Review
              Interviews:
              KierScottJerryAndreasSteveWayneJakeFlorisLogicianErwin
              Paul M

Comment

Moved to correct forum.
                Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

ok i think ive figured it out.. but only one problem

This is what i did.. tell me if this is wrong..

1. I went into USERGROUPS.. USERGROUPMANGER i selected registered users cureently 145.. i then edited and turned off signatures then saved

2. I then went to USERGROUPS > ADD NEWUSER GROUP > at the very top it says.. create user group based off.. so i selected REGISTERED USERS then i gave it a title of REGISTERED USERS MARK 50 ok .. left everything same in there but TURNED ON signatures.. then saved.

3. I then went to promotions selected
                  usergroup - REGISTERED
                  posts set to 50
                  promotion stategy based on posts
                  pmrotion type - primary usergroup ( left it same dont know what is )
                  move user to group - REGISTERED MARK 50

clicked save..

Ok so in theory now when people register they wont be able to have a signature intill they have done 50 posts.. then it will move them to my REGISTERED MARK 50 user group where permissions are set to have signatures.

Question is.. I have one guy who registered ages ago.... and he had a signature.. and has done 267 posts.. soon as i set this up it turned off his signature .. yet in theory it should have put him over to the new user group.. why did it not?

Comment

How do you know it didn't? Did you wait long enough for the Promotions Scheduled Task to run?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

AH... where is the promotions schedule task time setting so i can check how often it does this checking and edit if need be.

Comment

Admin CP -> Scheduled Tasks -> Scheduled Task Manager

and

Admin CP -> Scheduled Tasks -> Scheduled Task Log

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

ok i think i found it under Scheduled Task Manager .. i think its USER Promotions mine is set to

days of the week *
                          days of the month *
                          hour *
                          minute 25
                          log entries yes
                          filename ./includes/cron/promotion.php

i hope im not meant to setup some cron job for this am i??

Comment

No it will run every hour on the 25th min.

Comment

So what is it meant to be set too then.. tell me please the settings

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X