Forum Inside a Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Inside a Forum

Hi, can somebody tell me how i can have a forum inside a forum..., ive done it as child forum and it does work, when i click and go into the parent forum i see the child forum. But heres my dilema, the child forum is showing on the main page forumhome under the parent froum..., how can not show it on the main forumpage?

Thanks

Well, as long as you're not promoting any illegal activity or breaking Terms & Conditions, you can Mark the Forum as inactive. This will hide the sub-forum from view and still be open to posting if you know the link.
    -- David.

If I spend much more time browsing these forums, I could be subjected to: 1. Burnt retinas, 2. Angry customers, 3. Lack of moderation, 4. Arguments.
    This used to be a nice place; what the hell's gone wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by Alteran Ancient View Post
      Well, as long as you're not promoting any illegal activity or breaking Terms & Conditions, you can Mark the Forum as inactive. This will hide the sub-forum from view and still be open to posting if you know the link.

ehhh....? what you on about? im talking about a forum topic to be inside another forum topic.

Comment

Originally posted by OS, View Post
        ehhh....? what you on about? im talking about a forum topic to be inside another forum topic.
        Okay, so you want to have a "no new posts" parent forum, under which is another forum, and under THAT is a final forum, but you don't want to be able to see the final forum from the main page, only once you get to the first generation child?

Not sure if you can do it (the webbies I've personally seen do this allow it to be viewed from the main page) and I don't think it's possible without a code mod, but I could be wrong.

Comment

I'm going to guess you're meaning this?

vBulletin Options > Forum Listins Display Options > Depth of Sub-Forums

Set that to zero. It's actually set to not show this by default.

Comment

ok ive got the perfect example...., go to the main forum section of this vbulletin.com forum.., click on: vBulletin Announcements you will then see inside it their is another forum topic called: Jelsoft eBulletin Archives this is what i would like to do.

Comment

*bumps*

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi76 View Post
                I'm going to guess you're meaning this?

vBulletin Options > Forum Listins Display Options > Depth of Sub-Forums

Set that to zero. It's actually set to not show this by default.
                That's what you have to configure.

But to create a sub-forum in the first place, you have to open up the Forum Manager, and decide what the parent forum for the forum you want to edit should be.
                Forums

Comment

yes i created another child forum under the parent forum in forum manager but same happened i can still see it on the front of the main forum not inside the parent forum bit. Depth of sub forum i tried with 0, and then i tried with 1 also nothing changes still stays the same, :S

Comment

To not show subforums on the index.php you can go into the global vBulletin options from the ADmin Control Panel and set the forum display depth values to:

If I am not mistaken.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X