Clear All

• Marco van Herwaarden
    replied
    Glad that it is solved.

Leave a comment:

• mrpotatohead
    replied
    Originally posted by MarcoH64 View Post
    Have a look here if that might be the cause of your problem: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=167121
    That was the solution!! Thank you Marco you genius!!

- Joe

Leave a comment:

• Marco van Herwaarden
    replied
    Have a look here if that might be the cause of your problem: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=167121

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Then if you have not installed any plugins or hacks (which includes portals), fill out a support ticket at:

http://members.vbulletin.com/members...ontactform.php

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP. Please also include a complete description of the problem, including any appropriate login info and the steps to duplucate it.

Leave a comment:

• mrpotatohead
    replied
    Yup, I can indeed.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    And can you duplicate any of these problems yourself?

Leave a comment:

• mrpotatohead
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
    Can you duplicate either of these problems?

To troubleshoot this, remove any hacks and disable your plugins, then see if you still have this problem.

Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

If so, reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server.

Next, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?
    Thanks for your reply Steve.

I've tried what you said. I don't have any hacks or plugins anymore, I did have a warnings system but this no longer exists and all the non-image files have been reuploaded several times since then.

I made sure that these were uploaded in ASCII and the problem still exists, despite using the forum in an empty blank template.

I'm a bit clueless really!

- Joe

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Can you duplicate either of these problems?

To troubleshoot this, remove any hacks and disable your plugins, then see if you still have this problem.

Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

If so, reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server.

Next, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?

Leave a comment:

• mrpotatohead
    started a topic Various problems since moving servers

Various problems since moving servers

Hi guys,

Since moving servers/database using SSH, I've had various problems since the forum has reopened.

The first of these is members have experienced problems using Quick Reply, when they go to post - they get an error telling them that their post is less than 10 characters and should be increased, even though it is well beyond the required limit.

Then the second problem, I have had an email about tonight:

hiya,
    anyways i posted a reply only to be cut off and recieve a message

suzywingwong, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
    Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Log Out Home
    i swear i wasnt trying to do anything other than reply to what i thought was a normal thread as i had got it in the new posts section dont know what was going on wonder if you can help

Any ideas guys?

- Joe
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X