Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colin F
    replied
    No, most likely such an SQL backup won't work.
    If you think you'll ever need to restore them, then leave them soft deleted.

Leave a comment:

• miner2049er
    replied
    Thanks for the reply. I was asking about some kind of off-forum storage, because as admin, I will always see the soft-deleted posts, which keep showing up with the option to permanently delete. Any advice?

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    DOn't perm delete them if you want to keep them.

Leave a comment:

• miner2049er
    started a topic Saving deleted posts for future restoration

Saving deleted posts for future restoration

I have one member who recently wished all their 200+ posts to be deleted.

They have soft-deleted (deleted by self) about half of them so far, and may delete the remainder soon, except their posts which started threads, which are staying.

Then it will be just down to myself, the admin, to finally remove them permanently from the system.

If by chance the member wishes to return at some point in the future, my question is what would be a good strategy to save and restore these posts?

Can I just save off the posts by

"select * from post where userid = 99"

into a table, put that text file somewhere for safe-keeping, and then if needed, just reinsert all those posts back into the post table?

I'm not concerned with saving any attachments. Anything else I should consider?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X