"Go to first new post" glitch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Go to first new post" glitch

I see from my search on this problem that the fix may be in rebuilding my custom templates. Steve McNichols suggest to another member with a similar (or same) problem to revert the custom style templates and then redo them. Well, I see in the drop-down box the "Revert all Templates" selection, but will I see a "Redo all Templates" selection after I revert them?

I would hate to go back over every single template I have modified to do it all over again. In an attempt to get pages to load faster and "weigh" less, I took out all the white space. Is it possible I did something to a template that governs the "Go to first new post" function that may have caused this problem? How can a "redo" fix it?

Thanks for any assistance.
    If my post was helpful to you, please take the time to register at my forum and ask a question you've always wanted to know about floors.
    www.TheFloorPro.com

First I recommend you try this to see if your template edits are at fault:
    Add a new Style and select 'No Parent Style'. This will force it to use the default templates. Switch to this Style and see if the error still occurs.

If that doesn't help, please disable Plugins globally, to see if one of them is causing this.
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

Actually what fixed the problem was to change the way threads are marked read in the General Board settings. I changed to Database (automatic forum marking) and it works fine now. 'Course, all my members will think it's been very busy while they were gone, but I left a note about it in the forum support section.

Thank you.
      If my post was helpful to you, please take the time to register at my forum and ask a question you've always wanted to know about floors.
      www.TheFloorPro.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X