Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the differences between the IE quick reply and the non IE one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the differences between the IE quick reply and the non IE one?

I have added a side column to my forum but the thread pages started to load slowly, the header would come in and then it seemed as though IE waited to load all other elements before displaying the rest of the page.

The problem _only_ happens in IE.

However, when you turn off quick reply, it speeds up back to normal.

I noticed there is an if IE condition in the QR template, so am wondering what is different, and can the Quick Reply that is shown on browsers like Opera and Firefox work in IE?

If there is no difference between the two Quick Replies then it must be the way IE renders it's pages right?

Any help appreciated.
    What's Special About Ruby on Rails?

The browsers all use the same editor.
    If a browser doesn't support something that's needed for the selected editor, it jumps down to the next less-featured.
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

OK.. just had a look at the code and it seems the if statement only 'adds' the spell button... guess it is just the way IE loads the page then, unless the bbcode bar or tool bar are not as 'effiecient' for ie?

Comment

Sorry replied without refreshing so didn't see your reply.

I think it may be the javascript that's causing the delay in IE because when Quick Reply is turned off it loads the page as normal.

Is there anyway I could get a version of Quick reply to work without the javascript?:

<script type="text/javascript">
        <!--
        vB_Editor['$editorid'] = new vB_Text_Editor('$editorid', $editortype, '$forumid', '$parsesmilie');
        var QR_EditorID = '$editorid';
        //-->
        </script>

Comment

The Quick Reply requires the Javascript.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
          Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Is there any way to move the call to it at the bottom of the footer - so that it is loaded last?

I did try moving just the bit posted above to the bottom of the footer but the toolbar in the QR stopped working.

What part of the Quick reply need's the javascript?

Comment

Both the Standard and WYSIWYG editors are completely driven by Javascript. Every bit of their implementation relies on it.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
              Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Is there anyway to move the call to it at the end of the footer - so it loads last? Or is that not possible?

Will 'caching' help? (phpcache etc)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X