Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colin F
    replied
    You'll need to use the new files to use the new license. If you have code modifications you may need to reapply these, Plugins are stored in the database though.

If changes aren't saved via FTP you'll have to contact your host.

Leave a comment:

• tsak76
    replied
    i copied the old files cause the include the plugins etc. Yes i tried editing via ftp but changes are NOT saved (lol) . Where do i put the new licence ?

550 Could not delete config.php: Permission denied

must be some server issue ill contact my host
    Last edited by tsak76; Sun 28th May '06, 3:11am.

Leave a comment:

• Colin F
    replied
    You would want to upload the new files instead of copying over the old files. Only copy the database.

Why can't you edit your config.php file? This needs to be edited via FTP, not over the web.

To reset your cookie settings, upload the tools.php file from the /do_not_upload/ folder of your vBulletin zip file and access this file with your browser. There's an option to reset cookie settings there.

Leave a comment:

• tsak76
    replied
    allright i copied the files and import the db ok. now where do i set the new licence ? and also i cant log into the admin cp nor edit the config.php with the new db details. propably becouse of the different cookie settings that exist in the db of the other site?

Leave a comment:

• tsak76
    replied
    thanx

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    cp -R /path/to/folder /path/to/newfolder

Or do

cd /directory/you/want/to/copy
    tar cvf file.tar *
    mv file.tar /new/folder
    tar xvf file.tar

Leave a comment:

• tsak76
    replied
    ok do u know what is the command via ssh to copy withouth downloading and reuploading ? i have root access to the server

for example copying the folder /home/site1/public_html/forum to folder /home/site2/public_html/forum and so on?

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    No theres not, ids are only used for internal storage and mean nothing in the real scheme of things.

Leave a comment:

• tsak76
    started a topic buying a new lisence and db copy

buying a new lisence and db copy

i want to buy a 2nd licence for another site i am preparing. i thought that instead of readding all plugins and editing the templates etc in order to save time to install the 2nd forum and then import a dump from the 1st forum that has all plugin config etc. then i will delete all posts users forum and add the new ones. however if i do that the 2nd user that will register will not get the id 2 but something like 6767 . same for posts etc. is there any way to prevent this ? i want after i import the db from the 1st db to somehow make the new ids of posts users forums etc to start from the beggining
Working...
X