Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Do I Make a New Page that uses forum variables?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Do I Make a New Page that uses forum variables?

We have a chatroom we would like our forum members to use. If they make it to the chat webpage, we want them to be automatically logged into the chatroom as their username. If they aren't logged into the forum, they will get a different message. We've already done this before with phpBB, yet need to know what includes or function calls need to occur before I can look for a variable with userid information as part of the array.

I think the variable is $bbcode[userid]. I've read that if that value is 0, a guest is using the forum. I will need access to that variable and also to see if the user is part of a usergroup that is banned.

TIA

You'll want to include the global.php file and then check if the $vbulletin->userinfo[userid] is 0 or not. 0 means that user is a guest.

You can check if a user is part of a usergroup that is banned by using this function:
    is_member_of($vbulletin->userinfo, X)
    with X being the usergroupid number.
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin F
      You'll want to include the global.php file and then check if the $vbulletin->userinfo[userid] is 0 or not. 0 means that user is a guest.

You can check if a user is part of a usergroup that is banned by using this function:
      is_member_of($vbulletin->userinfo, X)
      with X being the usergroupid number.
      Hey Colin,

Thanks--that worked. Is there anywhere I can find these functions with example code? Seems like that link would be more helpful if it had some handy examples.

Comment

You would have to look at vBulletin.org. They have a tutorial forum with examples there.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X