"vBulletin database error"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "vBulletin database error"

I received an email entitled, "vBulletin database error".

Here is the body of the email:

Database error in vBulletin :

mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
    '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (11)
    /home/myusername/public_html/boards/includes/class_core.php on line 279

MySQL Error :
    Error Number :
    Date : Saturday, May 27th 2006 @ 02:06:39 AM
    Script :
    http://www.mysite.com/boards/cron.php?&rand=430287
    Referrer :
    IP Address : 72.30.132.106
    Username :
    Classname : vb_database

Any idea what causes this error? Is the problem with my host/server?

Thank you.

Unless you changed anything in your config.php file, this is a server problem.
    If it only happens sporadicly, I would simply ignore it, if it happens regularly, contact your host.
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

Thank you. This is the first time I have received this error. I just wanted to make sure it was my host/server before I contacted them about it.

Comment

I actually get this same error, regularly. When I contacted my host, they said they did a routine check and everything checked out ok.

Off hand, you know of something more specific I can tell them to look for to try and get this error fixed?

Comment

That error would usually mean that either the connection to the database server is bad or that the mysql server is down.
          Best Regards
          Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

Will tell them that, thanks

Comment

i am getting the same damn thing...my forums have been down all weekend...on a super busy weekend too!!! 900+ emails i got

host said they will look into it..but i know that they are not doing anything

-------------------------------
              Database error in vBulletin 3.5.4:

Invalid SQL:
              SELECT * FROM cron WHERE nextrun <= 1149019281 ORDER BY nextrun;

MySQL Error : Lost connection to MySQL server during query
              Error Number : 2013
              Date : Tuesday, May 30th 2006 @ 04:02:29 PM
              Script : http://paintsplat.com/forums/cron.php?&rand=271826
              Referrer : http://paintsplat.com/modules.php?name=Jig
              IP Address : 68.163.52.65
              Username : Unregistered
              Classname : vb_database

Comment

This is a server issue. You need to contact your host about this. See this post for the possible causes of a lost connection error:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...265#post310265
                Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Did anyone get resolution from their hosts regarding this problem. I can't get them to understand that the problem is server related.

Comment

I am curious as to why you seem so quick to blame the host? In this case I am the host and all of our servers already have the wait_timeout = 28800 but yet this problem continues.

| wait_timeout | 28800

Our customers run numerous message boards but only vB customers are reporting this error condition. I am one of them. Always cron.php.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Ricci View Post
                      Always cron.php.
                      Are you saying the problem is always with cron.php?

Comment

The common denominator we have noted is that cron.php is being called when the error is triggered. My point of mentioning it was that the solution may not always be wait_timeout. One server is my dedicated server and I regularly experience the issue. I have found that rebuilding the DB often solves the issue. In other cases threads.MYD disappears and needs to be rebuilt. When the errors come over both reference cron.php?rand=xxxxx. I sure would like to know the cause and solution other than a blanket statement that the host needs to fix something. Either way, this suggests to me data corruption rather than wait_timeout. I could be way off base. threads.MYD is rather notorious for just disappearing.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X