• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 domains, 1 host, 1 board. help

I have 2 domains, .net and .com

They both point to the same board.
    Problem I'm having. I transfered hosts and set up the board using the .net
    The .com is now working, But when I go to the forum it all works fine, except for the navbar and footer.

When I'm on .com and click on the Forum or the home link it wants to transfer to the .net

Can i make this work so if you are on .com thats where you will stay? Same with .net

The default software uses relative URLs everywhere such that you cannot have this problem. The only exception that comes to mind is emails... for example, activation emails must use complete URLs.

What is the URL to your forum? And what link is causing the problem?

Comment

http://computervitals.net
      http://computervitals.com

In the navbar the "Home" & "Forums"

And when you're in the forums, if you look at the footerbar the computervitals link jumps you to .net

I just posted over at vBAdvanced. I think I may be a portal Issue. All other links work except for those.

Comment

For interested parties.

This was determined to be cause of vBadvanced portal.

Ok I got it working with trial and error

For the Forum/Home Change over in the navbar template
        Orginal code
        Code:
        		<td class="vbmenu_control"><if condition="THIS_SCRIPT == 'adv_index'"><a href="$vboptions[bburl]/index.php?$session[sessionurl]"> Forum <else /> <a href="$vboptions[homeurl]?$session[sessionurl]"> Home </if></a></td>

Modified code
        Code:
        		<td class="vbmenu_control"><if condition="THIS_SCRIPT == 'adv_index'"><a href="forum/index.php$session[sessionurl]"> Forum <else /> <a href="../$session[sessionurl]"> Home </if></a></td>

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X