way home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• way home

in vb 3 i did a small code mod, just duplicated something really, that allowed a quick way home after a post - see picture

i did this by making a new template from part of the navbar template and calling the new template in the SHOWTHREAD template

i hoped to do this in 3.5, but try as i will i cannot get it to work

if i call the navbar template later in SHOWTHREAD that is fine but anything else for example navbar_bottom will not work even if it is the same code as the original navbar template

i realise vb do not support code modification which is fine but can somebody at least tell me if i am wasting my time trying

as i said it worked fine in 3

thanks

tony
    Attached Files

You would need to evaluate your new template someway, probably through a plugin. You can get support for this at vBulletin.org.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

thanks for the reply Wayne - so are you saying it wil not work in 3.5 as it did in 3

plugins i have not got into yet, so i do not understand

You would need to evaluate your new template someway

Comment

It will work. However, just creating a template does not make it available to a page. You need to pull it out of the database so it can be inserted into the page via PHP.

A plugin is just a snippet of PHP code that allows you to extend vBulletin without modifying its core code.

There are tutorials and support for this at vBulletin.org.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

again thanks Wayne. learning hat on i think as i have little idea what you mean

Comment

sorted it, maybe not the way it should be but its working!!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X