Speedup the "Automatic Similar Thread Search"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedup the "Automatic Similar Thread Search"

Is there any ways to make the "Automatic Similar Thread Search" option quicker? With it enabled it takes up to 45seconds to post with this enabled.
    Also, with the show relevant threads option turned on the entire server's load goes up.

Is there any way to speed these things up or is it just general knowledge that it's slow?

It seems to run fine on this forum which has almost as many posts, and more threads, than my forum does.

http://filesharingtalk.com

Similar thread searching will cause resource increases and can cause performance issues. If you are currently using vBulletin's Indexed Search, you may see a performance increase by switching to FULLTEXT search under "Search Options". However this cannot be guaranteed.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
      Similar thread searching will cause resource increases and can cause performance issues. If you are currently using vBulletin's Indexed Search, you may see a performance increase by switching to FULLTEXT search under "Search Options". However this cannot be guaranteed.
      Ah, that's another question I have...
      When I enabled FullText searches started to take forever, like over 30 or 40 seconds, while the vbulletin search is much quicker.
      Is it supposed to be quicker? Maybe I need to give it a chance to cache or something?

http://filesharingtalk.com

Comment

There have been several optimizations to the full-text search over the last few versions. Boolean will usually take less resources than Natural Language as well.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X