A question about Changing hosting companies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question about Changing hosting companies

This weekend I am changing hosting companies, I have already registered with the new company, and tonight I will be updating the name servers. As well as makeing back ups from my old hosting company and moving over the files and VB DB.

I was wondering the following:

Will I have to change anything in my db? I mean if I export my MySQL db, and then upload it to the new hosting co's MYSQL server, is there anything that I am gonna have to change??? Any code in any of the files.. Or is this just as simple as it seems, backup, download, upload and viola done.

Thanks all for reading this, and I appreciate any and all help.

Griffinzx10

There are a couple things you may have to change depending on your new server.

1) Database information in your config.php file might change. Confirm this with your new hosting provider.

2) If you store your attachments and images (avatars and profile), the path may change as each server is setup differently. You will need to verify the paths for these and update them in the control panel after the move.

3) Safe Mode. You will need to verify the validity of your safe mode variables. If neither host uses safe mode then you do not need to change anything. Otherwise you may have to disable it or change the path based on your new host's requirements.

4) Finally, some IIS based hosts are set up so that vBulletin needs the path to its files set in the config.php file. You will have to verify this if your host is using IIS.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Thanks Wayne.. I appreciate the advice. Is this all I need to be concerned about???

Comment

After another quick search, yes those are the only things I could find.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Thanks again so much Wayne....

Comment

Working...
          X