Upgrading Query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading Query

With the Product & Plugin System on 3.5, will upgrades to future vBulletin releases me seemless for forums which have a lot of add-ons?

I have done quite a lot of mods to my forums, but all them have only ever involved adding tables to the database, uploading plugins/products, uploading files via FTP and template modifications.

When the next version comes out, I would like to upgrade if I can, and seeing as I have made no changes to raw code in files, will it be seemless? Will there be an effect on the add-ons I have installed?

I am on 3.5.4.

Providing the next release is in the 3.5.x series, then upgrading will just be a case of upload files, run upgrade script, edit any templates as required, done

If the next release is a major upgrade, then it could well be a different story, it depends what they have planned.
    Kerry-Anne :)

Twitter Blog

www.peterska2.com www.worldnewszone.com www.popularusenetgroups.com www.superclickers.co.uk www.forumsforchrist.com www.browsergameplanet.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X