Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• W3C validation question...

Should vB 3.5.4 validate at W3C (HTML)?

I checked mine and I have 17 errors and several seem to be related to each other.

This one is listed several times and I can't even find anywhere in my templates:

ID "collapseobj_forumbit_1" already defined . <tbody id="collapseobj_forumbit_1" style="">

An "id" is a unique identifier. Each time this attribute is used in a document it must have a different value. If you are using this attribute as a hook for style sheets it may be more appropriate to use classes (which group elements) than id (which are used to identify exactly one element).
    ID "collapseobj_forumbit_1" first defined here . <tbody id="collapseobj_forumbit_1" style="">
    Then there are several where it involves <tbody> ... this one below I can't find either:

document type does not allow element "tbody" here . <tbody id="collapseobj_forumbit_1" style="">

The element named above was found in a context where it is not allowed. This could mean that you have incorrectly nested elements -- such as a "style" element in the "body" section instead of inside "head" -- or two elements that overlap (which is not allowed).

One common cause for this error is the use of XHTML syntax in HTML documents. Due to HTML's rules of implicitly closed elements, this error can create cascading effects. For instance, using XHTML's "self-closing" tags for "meta" and "link" in the "head" section of a HTML document may cause the parser to infer the end of the "head" section and the beginning of the "body" section (where "link" and "meta" are not allowed; hence the reported error).
    Here's another <tbody> that's listed 7-8 times so if I could fix it I'd eliminate several errors:

"tbody" not finished but containing element ended . </table>
    end tag for "tbody" omitted, but OMITTAG NO was specified . </table>

You may have neglected to close an element, or perhaps you meant to "self-close" an element, that is, ending it with "/>" instead of ">".
    The last quote errors about <tbody> above seems to be referring to this template in FORUMHOME:

$forumbits
    <tbody>
    <tr>
    <td class="tfoot" align="center" colspan="5"><div class="smallfont"><strong>
    <a href="forumdisplay.php?$session[sessionurl]do=markread" rel="nofollow">$vbphrase[mark_forums_read]</a>
    <if condition="$vboptions['forumleaders']">&nbsp; &nbsp;
    <a href="showgroups.php$session[sessionurl_q]" rel="nofollow">$vbphrase[view_forum_leaders]</a></if>
    </strong></div></td>
    </tr>
    </tbody>
    </table>
    I wanted to validate my CSS but I can't until I get the HTML errors fixed.

Any help for this available. I read through some of the W3C help but couldn't figure it out.

Thanks!
    http://www.hometheatershack.com/forums

vBulletin will validate to XHTML 1.0 Transitional with the default style.

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=ht...um%2Findex.php

Are you using a third party style or have you modified the templates significantly?
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

I've done a few mods but as you can see above I've not modified what's giving me errors.

On those first couple of errors I can't find anything that matches them so I sure don't know how I could have modified them.
      http://www.hometheatershack.com/forums

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X