Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 737280 bytes) in /home/httpd/vhosts/mysite.com/httpdocs/forum/showthread.php(1916) : eval()'d code on line 395

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 0 bytes) in Unknown on line 0

You can request your hosting provider to increase this value to 16 or 32, maybe that will avoid these errors.

Comment

thanks Floris....were looking into it now...

I do have another question though....set which value to 16 or 32?

Comment

Ask your host to increase the 'memory_limit' variable in php.ini to at least 16M, and preferably 32M.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

it is set to 16 allready....memory limit shouldn't be a problem if you aren't posting large files right?

Comment

If it was 16M, you wouldn't get this error:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

sorry to bring this back up...but Im still haveing trouble.

My host says its running in 16 but heres the thing....when I try and post sometimes it works and sometimes it dosent....and when you make the post and it gives you the error it still allows the post to go through but you have to go back whitch refreshes and then dup's the post. But not everytime...I can go days without one problem and then it starts up again.
              server says its prolly the code...but is not sure

This is causing a headache for me and the 5 people that actually look at my board right now.

Im running 3.5.4 with a vbadvanced portal which is current and I have changed styles.
              Im a tard when it comes to this but Im trying.
              Please help

Comment

If you are still getting the same error, then your host has not made the change.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Out of curiosity, ss that something that is visible in Control Panel -> Maintenance -> View PHP info?
                  ...steven
                  www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
                  bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
                  "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
                    If you are still getting the same error, then your host has not made the change.
                    its not the same error everytime....it does it all over the place....posting-replying-looking....sometimes it does it when I try to access the main page....it keeps giving me fatals on storage....I have 250 mb allowed and am running no where near that...Ill ask my host and make sure its set at 16....he has siad it is twice...and said he can see no reason to go to 32...Im trying to relay this info to him...

Ive sone everybit of cleaning I could in admin cp...I have even uploaded the 3.5.4 again and it still does it.

Comment

O and it keeps double posting and giving me dup thread redirects also when its not going fatal.

Comment

What is the current error you are getting? If it's not the same as the topic of this threaad, then you should start a new thread with all the relevant info.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 11520 bytes) in /home/httpd/vhosts/rideartcustoms.com/httpdocs/forum/includes/functions.php(2702) : eval()'d code on line 3

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 0 bytes) in Unknown on line 0

Comment

Then as I said before your host has not made the change I specified in post #6. You will continue to get this error until they make the change.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I, too, just got this twice when posting a message and again in the AdminCP. I'm unsure of where it is now but the error I got...

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 48 bytes)

...makes me think maybe 16? Should I ask for 32 or is going higher a better choice? Don't want to have them raise it to find out it's not enough.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X