Moving servers - need help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving servers - need help!

Backround info: i'm hosting with Dreamhost, but they keep complaining that i'm using 2 much cpu on their box(dreamhostbox). So i have the idea of moving vbulletin to another box(newbox).

i created a subdomain to foward to the new host. (forum.elusivemedia.com)
    But i wanna keep the mysql database on the old box(dreamhostbox) and the vbulletin on the newbox. I'd asume that would reduce a good amount of cpu usage.

Currently i do have php install (http://forum.elusivemedia.com/index.php for version info) and now when i go to http://forum.elusivemedia.com/forums/ i get an error
    Fatal error
    : Call to undefined function: mysql_connect() in /var/www/html/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 279

so now i'm wondering what do i need to do next? do i have to install mysql on the newbox? and move the DB over to the newbox? or maybe just a few settings to change?

Your new server doesn't seem to have mysql compiled into PHP.
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

^^ how easy to do that? I just installed the rpms
      rpm -i perl-DBI-1.32-5.i386.rpm
      rpm -i MySQL-server-standard-4.1.19-0.rhel3.i386.rpm

mysql seems to start w/ no problems..
      Starting MySQL. [ OK ]

but still get the error

Comment

You need to complie PHP with this command:

'--with-mysql'
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X